Is it normal for HP to use latest PIP form plus old PIP form? Do they always use GP evidence? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it normal for HP to use latest PIP form plus old PIP form? Do they always use GP evidence?

Options
Gobbygirl66
Gobbygirl66 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Good evening everyone,I have received pip award for 3 years with 12 points for planning and following a journey which i know is great,but I was hoping for some with daily living having had syncope blackouts for over 20 years,the welfare rights have said I should try for a reconsideration which I am going to.The hp on her report used latest pip form to make decision plus pip report from 2017 is this normal as I scored nothing on that form she also did not state she had used my evidence from my gp 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

Did you have a paper based assessment ? 

If so it will all hinge on how well you filled in the review form and the detail you gave against each descriptor in order for the decision  to be made 

The best is to give 2 real life examples of what happens when you attempt to do the task 

I'm not saying you didn't give enough info but if paper based that is all they have 

Gp reports don't always get mentioned unless they specifically detail how your daily living is impacted 

Good luck with the mr 
  • Gobbygirl66
    Gobbygirl66 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Options
    Hi janer1967 I had a telephone assessment is that what you mean and I know a lot of what she has written in the report is lies it is not what I told her eg I told her I get no warning or very little of a black out yet she has said “ I get a warning every time and can get myself to a safe place”. That is untrue.But what can I do.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    All you can do is the mr and explain the areas you think you should get points 

Don't focus on lies that won't get you anywhere 

The hcp just forms an opinion based on what you say and your evidence so you can really say it is lies as it is an opinion 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Gobbygirl66

Good luck with the mandatory reconsideration (MR) if you decide to pursue that.  As @janer1967 advised, although we understand your frustration at the original outcome, it is best to focus on strengthening your evidence using real-life examples of what happens when you do the daily living activities you believe you should have scored points on. 

We wish you well and please do ask any further questions that you might have.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Gobbygirl66 - I would look at the list of daily living activities that Cher has given above, & see if you think you should get at least 8 points to get a standard award of this component. What that link doesn't indicate is that you also need to be able to do an activity 'reliably,' i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, be able to repeat it as often as would normally be expected, & in a reasonable time period (does it take you more than twice as long as someone who doesn't have your disability?). These are mentioned in the notes at the end of this list about the activities/descriptors:
    Those couple of detailed examples really matter....how was any applicable activity difficult, when did this happen (thinking about the time of your assessment), who witnessed it, what, if any were the consequences, for example? You just need to describe your own individual response, which means you don't have to mention the assessor's 'inaccuracies.' Hope this helps, & remember, it's how your disorder(s) affects your functional ability to carry out an activity, rather than the disability itself (which would rarely be in question) that matters. You can also ask for a longer award if your condition is likely to remain the same.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.