ESA lwc/lwcra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA lwc/lwcra

Options
Debs69
Debs69 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
Hi I need some advice I've been here a few times about my esa claim while on UC I was signed off sick by my gp june 2020, I'm struggling to cope cant leave my home serious panic attacks anxiety I'm starting to feel paranoid as they are out to get me! 
I been asking for help for a year, done UC50 had WCA over the phone feb21 got 15 points but didnt meet the criteria for lwcra!
Had an incident where debt management just took £61 off my UC and basically on my journel i lost it!
Got no answers as to why but a message saying if I feel like that then they called the police!
Duty of care! I believe it's called.
So this ontop of not getting the support group I dont know what else to do I asked for a mandatory reconsideration and after 8weeks said no change.
I really cant handle much more it's too long everything going on over 8 months.
I ask for appeal tribunal but I really need some support or advocate to help me deal with all this, I dont know where to go for help.
Was going to ring mind crisis team but dont know what to say?
I cant do it I feel worthless got no fight in me they are driving me mad, I swear they are doing it on purpose.
Where can I get a support worker to help me please?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Try looking here https://advicelocal.uk/
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Debs69 :) I'm sorry that this has been such a stressful time for you.

Please do have a look at the link that calcotti has helpfully linked above. If you enter your location, you'll be able to see organisations in your area that may be able to offer you professional guidance. 

Mind also has some useful information on advocates, and what they can help you with. 

Are you accessing any support for your mental health at the moment? Please remember that there are people you can contact if you feel as though things are getting too much:
    • NHS: getting urgent help for mental health
    • Samaritans: call 116 123, or email jo@samaritans.org. You don't have to be suicidal to talk to them
    • SHOUT: text SHOUT to 85258 to speak to a volunteer over text
    • Always call 999 or visit A&E if you feel unable to keep yourself safe
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Debs69
    Options
    Thankyou I am in contact with SARC they are happy to help appeal but ask me to get additional information from gp and mental health support worker!
    Do I phone mind solent mental health care for support I dont want to take my life but I feel they are all in together to see me fail what does a person have to do to get some understanding and help I'm scared 
  • Debs69
    Options
    Thankyou tori I'm just lost as where to go and what to say I feel so worthless; they say yeah your sick but you can read and write?
    I havent left my flat in over a year and they want me to do activities its just doing my head in.
    I cant sleep cant eat I'm starting to imagine?and see things and they just ignore totally what was put in the MR about calling duty of care on me one day my representative said safe guarding under section 9 now they said can write a diary and message work coach instead of calls, they know I'm not fit to look for work but I can read and write!
    I'm at my wits end 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Debs69

Thank you for your replies to @Tori_Scope I'm going to send you an email shortly to offer more support around the issues you mention so please keep an eye on your inbox. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Debs69

Just dropping you a message to see how you're doing today?  I hope all is ok but please let us know if you need any help with anything.  Take care and speak soon :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.