PIP without assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP without assessment?

Options
sammic99
sammic99 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I'm just looking for abit of advice and to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

I applied for pip back in November last year and I have not heard anything until today. I got a phone call this morning from a nurse who works for the pip assessments. She said that she just wanted some aditional information to add to my application so that I wouldn't need an assessment and that she would be writing up my report today. 

I was literally on the phone for less then 10 minutes. I wasnt expecting a phone call from them so I was a little off gard and got abit panicked talking to her as I like to pre plan things first and know exactly what is going on. 

I also get universal credit with the LCWRA element. I was never asked to go for an assesment for this either as they where happy with the evidence I provided. I understand that both universal credit and pip are two different benefits and they go off different criteria. 

Iv never had pip before this is the first time I have applied so I'm just wondering what this means? 
 Any help would be much appreciated. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Yes this can happen it means you are having a paper based assessment and us nothing to 0anic about . They will have got enough info from your form and evidence 

You can request a copy of the report after 7 days it isn't the decision but will show recommendations 

Let us know the outcome 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sammic99 - & welcome to the community. As advised above, it looks like you had sent enough evidence, once a few questions were asked today, for the Health Care professional to decide to do an assessment just based on this; a 'paper based assessment.' As also mentioned, should you wish, you can ask the DWP for a copy of this in about a week's time, which will give an indication of any award. The decision maker usually goes with the assessor's report, but you will still have to wait for the actual decision letter to confirm. Please do let us know how you get on, thank you. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.