Confused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused

Options
kazz3105
kazz3105 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Hi all new here. After a year long wait ( to the date) I received my appeal decision, It says appeal allowed, but nothing has changed my current award and end date are exactly the same. I rang the tribunal and PIP, the tribunal said they had never seen it before ( he had worked there for over 30 years)and advised me to ring PIP who said they sent it back for a correction. I can't get anywhere by ringing either, it's causing me extra stress after waiting for so long only to still be in limbo. I am sorry this is long but if anyone has any experience or thoughts I would appreciate it.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there and welcome 

A year for a tribunal case is about normal 

From what you have said it sounds like the court have made some sort of error in the letter hence why dwp have sent it back . This is heard of but not common but like everyone mistakes happen 

You will get a corrected letter once it is sorted but nobody can guess what the error is 

Hopefully you will get something soon 
  • kazz3105
    Options
    Update, I received an email from tribunal services saying that they had not received the request for correction from DWP yet and to email myself to request the correction but I don't know what the correction is. it was emailed 9th April. I rang pip only to be told ring tribunal who told me to ring pip. I've spent a week trying to get some sort of answer. The tribunal keep saying that back payment are nothing to do with them, I know this, it's not back payment I'm enquiring about its the confusing decision that I really need help with. I'm no closer to getting a decision because nobody is referring it anywhere. I feel like just giving up, or maybe that's what they want.
  • kazz3105
    Options
    Wrong 'template letter' sent appeal lost. What's the point??
  • janer1967
    Options
    I presume they have got back to you and the result is you lost your tribunal? 

I'm sorry about that 
  • janer1967
    Options
    Just re ready our first post again I understand you have an award were you hoping to get higher rate? 
  • kazz3105
    Options
    Yes I have standard rate for both but was expecting to get enhanced for mobility. I already had 10 points but they didn't ask about going somewhere unfamiliar ( which I wouldn't as I have been lost in the recent past all night). They asked if I could follow diversions in my local area, I've lived in the same place for 52 years so I know the place like the back of my hand, I told them this but it still didn't prompt them to ask about unfamiliar places. I've asked for the judges statement.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.