Need help - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need help

2»

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    xxjessexx said: Can I ask another question I got a payment today from Dwp iics of 137 but I’ve never heard of it 
    Industrial Injuries Computer System
    Sometimes payments are made from a different DWP system if they are having difficulties and there have been a number of reports about ESA payment difficulties in the last few days so it could be an ESA payment (if that would be in to the same account). Only way to find out is to ring.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • xxjessexx
    xxjessexx Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Yea I did think it could be esa but normally we get esa every 2 weeks so the amount didn’t seem right but I will ring on Monday and see thank you 
  • calcotti
    edited April 2021
    The other questions I asked were to see if there are ways you can increase your benefit income.

When you say they helped you apply for PIP, is that for yourself? If so, what bits do you you get? Does your partner get PIP? If not, do you think his health difficulties are such that he might qualify?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • xxjessexx
    xxjessexx Community member Posts: 23 Connected
    Hi sorry I ment to put that helped me get carers my partner should be entitled to pip the mental health did his forms and sent off all the evidence but when he had his assessment it didn’t go well and he never got rewarded it so he decided not to fight it. That was a week ago I found out. 
  • calcotti
    edited April 2021
    xxjessexx said:
    Hi sorry I ment to put that helped me get carers my partner should be entitled to pip the mental health did his forms and sent off all the evidence but when he had his assessment it didn’t go well and he never got rewarded it so he decided not to fight it. That was a week ago I found out. 
    If you think he should qualify for PIP then challenge the decision. Request a Mandatory Reconsideration. Make sure you understand how PIP is assessed
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system
    Provide any additional information you can with examples of how he is affected.
    if that fails you can take an appeal to a tribunal.

Is your daughter getting either ESA or UC in addition to her DLA?
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Just wanted to follow up to see how you're getting on with things @xxjessexx?

I also wanted to check in to see if the information that has been posted by our members has been useful to you? Hopefully, that's helped to clarify a few things, and provide you with some further information your potential next steps?

Please do let us know if anything is not quite clear, or if you have any additional questions for the community. We'll do our best to provide you with the relevant guidance or point you in the right direction to get some further support. :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.