The funeral service - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The funeral service

Options
2»

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A good funeral indeed and very moving I thought.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chrissilk
    Chrissilk Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Options
    It was a beautiful service, dignified and sincere. The music was wonderful. The queen looked quite fragile but maintained her poise throughout. An amazing feat for such an elderly lady. 
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,434 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
         I watched the funeral,  I observed the minutes silence not because of who Prince Phillip was but for what he and thousands of others ( including my mother and father) did for "us" during world war 2, we said goodbye to an old man who fought for our freedom...not many of them left but each and every one of them deserve our respect.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Totally agree @vikingqueen, the emotion I felt watching his funeral was very real and like you I felt he represented far more. His funeral was every funeral I’ve been to to honour my family members over the years.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    At the end of the day isn't it something we British do really well? honouring those who have given their lives in service to their country.

I think if nothing else HRH The Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh had earned his minutes silence.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness