Feeling pretty down — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling pretty down

Pixie51
Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
Hiya,
I had my lumbar puncture today for suspected MS and am not sure why but feel really tearful which isnt like me. I come from a family who dont discuss anything awkward or upleasant so I havent told them about the brain lesions found or that I am even undergoing tests and lockdown has allowed me to hide how much of a struggle my health has been over the last year. My daughter is also 33 weeks pregnant and worries so much about losing people after the death of our son, her brother, that I had no intention of telling her and stressing her. There is plenty of time if anything is diagnosed to have that chat. And my hubby just never mentions it, I feel quite alone right now. I have loads to look forward to I just seem to have hit a wall.
So sorry for such a downer post.
Pix ?
Yoga heals the soul ??

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi pix sorry you are feeling low often tests and procedures make us feel low think us the thought of what they may find 

I understand you not wanting to stress your daughter , could you not try and make your husband know how you are feeling 

He may be avoiding talking about it as he may think you don't want to 

We are always here to chat to and voice your concerns 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @Pixie51

We haven't chatted much yet, but I've seen you around the community. I just wanted to say hello and that I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling so low today. Please, no apologies for that though! It's not a downer post and I'm sure that we're all really glad that you came on here to chat to us about how you're feeling.

That's an awful lot that you've got going on at the moment. I can imagine it's a lot to take on board, particularly if you're dealing with  these things by yourself and not wanting to worry other family members. So, it's really quite understandable if some days you feel like you've hit a wall. 

I wonder also if you're feeling tearful because of the release of stress and pressure of having the procedure earlier today? I know that can often happen to me if there's something in particular that I've been building up to. Hopefully, a good sleep and a rest will do you the world of good now that the procedure is out of the way. 

I know it's not quite as simple as that though. So, keep talking to us as well, and let us know if there are any other ways that we can help to support you. You take care  <3
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Simone2021
    Simone2021 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi Pix, good afternoon!
    I can imagine what you are feeling due to the suspicion of multiple sclerosis and the lumbar puncture exam, because I also went through this, what I advise you is not to seek information about Em on the net, I did it and it was very bad for me. Try to do the test to check if your vitamin D is low and try to replace it, look for things about high doses of vitamin D, there are many videos on youtube. I'm sorry for not being in a good time to share with your family, if you want to talk, I'm here.
    A kiss and get well.
  • Welshjayne2021
    Welshjayne2021 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Hi Pix, I am Welshjayne2021.  Sorry to hear what you’re going through just now. I think the others have given sound advice and I can only add words of comfort.  You are very brave and just to let you know that you are not alone.  A good chat always helps.  Take care and best wishes.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,719 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Pixie51 sorry to read about you feeling low. Not surprising what your going through and hiding things from your family, I can understand why tho.
    Were all here to natter to any time about anything. Were not here to judge you, but to be supportive and offer advice. I really hope your results come back OK. 
  • Pixie51
    Thank you all for your kindness. I am feeling a bit brighter today. I just need to get on with life, its not like me to dwell. I think @Caz_Scope you are probably right its the release after the procedure. @Simone2021 thank you. Did you end up with an MS diagnosis? My Ssep results were clear so an hoping the lesions are just down to something less potential life changing. My Vit D is fine i have 3 monthly blood tests to check levels and am on regular vit supplememts, it was one of the first things they looked at as I have had a gastric bypass (was sporty, lost my son, then ate myself into oblivion, changed homes and used some of the money to have a bypass after 2 years of dieting and failing Am now a yoga teacherr.) Thank you @janer1967, I have tried several times to address how I am feeling with hubby but he just wont discuss anything. He is my rock for all that. He is there albeit silently!!  Thank you all again, it was genuinely lovely to speak and know someone was listening. 

Pix ?
    Yoga heals the soul ??
  • NotReally
    NotReally Community member Posts: 59 Pioneering
    Pixie51 said:
    I just need to get on with life, its not like me to dwell.
    While there's a lot to be said for getting on with things, I feel that there's also value in taking the time to process and learn from what life throws at us.  And congratulations on becoming a yoga teacher - that's a huge achievement! 

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    @Pixie51
    Sorry to hear how you feel, but I can understand why.
    Try concentrating on 'The many things to look forward to' and discuss them with those you will share them with. Hopefully this will break, or at least help to break down the wall we all face at times.
  • Caz_Alumni
    Good to hear that you started to feel a bit brighter the day after we spoke last @Pixie51. :)

How are you and your silent rock of a husband (he sounds like a superstar too!) doing today? 

• Pixie51
    edited April 2021
    Thanks @Dragonslayer! And we are good thanks @Caz_Scope sun is shining so I abandoned my ridiculously large pile of degree assignments and spent time out in the sun!  Pushing results to the back of my mind there is nothing I can do to change any outcome and Mr Silent Rock (!) seems happy! It was his birthday yesterday so he is busy with woodworking gadgets ? Hope you are all having a good day

Pix x
    Yoga heals the soul ??
  • Caz_Alumni
    Wise choice to give yourself a bit of a break from your assignments @Pixie51:smiley:

And many happy returns to Mr Silent Rock  :)

You enjoy what's left of the day and hope you both have a lovely evening!

Brightness