Targeted screening carotid duplex evaluation advised — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Targeted screening carotid duplex evaluation advised

Options
gillian72
gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
Hiya everyone ? I was wondering if anyone has had this test done before if so what do they do any advice would be great thanks ?

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @gillian72 :)

I'm afraid I haven't heard of this test before. Have you spoken to your doctor to ask what you can expect from the test? Are you worried about it?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • gillian72
    Options
    @Tori_Scope hiya tori hope ur doing ok , no I haven't spoke to Drs and cancelled Nero appointment coz we went in lockdown just after I had my test results , I keep putting it off after gutting out my bedroom I was shocked at the amount of letters an pieces of paper I have wrote on no wonder my life is a mess , most of the letters were for mr, an appeal tribals letters going back 8/9 yrs ago some going back early then that , I give up my life's one big pickle lol ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @gillian72 - I haven't had this evaluation, but all it really is is an ultrasound scan to either side of your neck, which will take probably 15-20 mins if that. :)
  • gillian72
    Options
    @chiarieds hiya char thanks for replying back to me , well this test seems easy paesy don't think they we'll find owt in my neck it always feels like it's hanging on by a thread like one of them bobble heads u see in people's cars lol ? May I ask char as iv read some of ur replys on some other ppls posts on neurological posts if my Mir test was narrowed down to two conditions is that it for me so I've got one or the enough condition I know we can't give medical advice on here but would be good to know someone who has experience or has neurological disorder themselves it's much better then mr Google answers lol thanks xxx?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If only life were that simple @gillian72 - I know I've got 2 conditions; one being neurological, & we have other members that have 2 or more different disorders, so it's not always clear cut. You might have just one thing or the other, but that's why we get tests done so Drs can confirm a diagnosis, or rule one or both out! Nice to hear from you. :)
  • gillian72
    Options
    Thankyou ? @chiarieds, ? I also forgot to mention I had a mri test on brain an spine then went back in followed by a weight barring t1 or something brain Mri as well, it's all abit scary atm I'm totally stuck in the past , I'm lost in this 20th century world of iPhone & tweets things etc my mobile is over 10yrs old that's good enough for me lol ?

Brightness