How long after UC50 form do you get a response — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long after UC50 form do you get a response

nddlb
nddlb Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi, I sent in my UC 50 form in 2 weeks ago and I'm just wondering how long it takes once the form is sent in?

I've been on sick notes since February and recently received the enhanced rate of daily living P.I.P if that makes any difference 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Pip makes no difference to your uc50 claim they ars different benefits with different criteria 

You may find you are waiting a while now for an assessment could be few months depends on backlog in your area 
  • lmcarthur
    lmcarthur Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    I sent mines off the beginning of February and still have not heard a thing yet x
  • nddlb
    lmcarthur said:
    I sent mines off the beginning of February and still have not heard a thing yet x
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

Pip makes no difference to your uc50 claim they ars different benefits with different criteria 

You may find you are waiting a while now for an assessment could be few months depends on backlog in your area 
    Thank you both for replying!

I guess I'm just anxious and impatient about it all because I have no idea what the process is for it 
  • janer1967
    Once they recieve the form they 2ill then send it yo assessment company. They will then arrange an assessment with you most are being done on the phone 

The assessor then sends a report to your decision maker who makes a decision based 9n assessment and all other evidence 

You will then be informed of outcome which could be as below 

Fit for work-you will be required to look for work 

Lcw -limited capability for work,  you will need to attend meetings and courses and prepare to look for work 

Lcwra limited capability for work and work related activity . You have no work commitments no longer have a work coach and will get the additional payment £341 per month after 3 month waiting period from reporting your condition 

Hope this helps 
  • xxxxxjjjjj
    xxxxxjjjjj Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Mine was returned in November. Still not heard anything.
  • lmcarthur
    lmcarthur Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thanks for the reply’s I had an over the phone assessment two weeks ago still don’t know what the outcome is yet , the nurse who done the assessment started off discussing my mental health problems then after about 40 minutes she said she had enough evidence and didn’t need to go Into great detail about my physical problems don’t know if that’s good or bad just a waiting game now to find out x
  • nddlb
    Update: I recieved my decision on the 25th of May that I have limited capacity for work and work related activities! Didn't even need to do an assessment 
  • janer1967
    Great news you are one of the lucky ones with paper based only 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    nddlb said:
    Update: I recieved my decision on the 25th of May that I have limited capacity for work and work related activities! Didn't even need to do an assessment 
    Good news, I bet you are happy about that.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • danixxx
    danixxx Community member Posts: 128 Connected
    Can I ask does the 3 month waiting period go from the first sick note 
    or when you first made a claim for uc an reported a health condition without a sick note ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    danixxx said:
    Can I ask does the 3 month waiting period go from the first sick note 
    or when you first made a claim for uc an reported a health condition without a sick note ? 

It's from when you first reported your health condition, provided you sent your fit note within 7 days of that. This was advised to you on your other thread. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/85191/hi-my-name-is-danixxx-if-i-get-lcwra-will-it-be-backdated#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tony150
    Tony150 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited August 2022
    Hi Iam just wondering if an one else is still waiting to hear back from sending back a UC50 form
     I was signed off because of my depression in January of this year 2022 got sent the form which I filled in and sent back on 28th febuary it is now the end of August still having to get fit notes from my gp but still not heard back from the Is this normal 
  • poppy123456
    Tony150 said:
    Hi Iam just wondering if an one else is still waiting to hear back from sending back a UC50 form
     I was signed off because of my depression in January of this year 2022 got sent the form which I filled in and sent back on 28th febuary it is now the end of August still having to get fit notes from my gp but still not heard back from the Is this normal 
    Answered on your thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/95146/length-of-time-to-get-appointment-for-uc50-claim#latest
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Natale88
    Natale88 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I think it takes a few months. I sent my form begining of December and i’m still waiting for a decision. 
  • poppy123456
    Natale88 said:
    I think it takes a few months. I sent my form begining of December and i’m still waiting for a decision. 
    This is an old thread from Aug 2022 so hopefully the member has now had a decision. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.