How do i get back to where I was — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do i get back to where I was

Lisatho11987777
Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
edited April 2021 in Coffee lounge
I came out of hospital about an hour ago because I took things to far  I am ok but just lost 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Hi @lisathomas50

I'm pleased to hear you're now out of hospital but sorry you're feeling lost.  If you want to tell us a bit more about what happened please do but there's absolutely no pressure, what's important is us supporting you from here on in  <3  I've sent you an email if you want to give that a read and get back to me.  And in the mean-time, take it easy. 

Have the hospital care team given you a plan for now you're back home in terms of follow up care and who to contact in emergency? 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Welshjayne2021
    Welshjayne2021 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Glad you’re home. Take care.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Good to hear you're back home @lisathomas50 put the kettle on and put your feet up, you know where we are if you need us.
    John
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,718 Disability Gamechanger
    Thats good your discharged, stay  strong
  • Lisatho11987777
    Thanks for your kind words  it all just got on top of me I am good at helping others but not good at helping myself  livring just seemed to hard I always seem to have to fight for where I want to be in life and fight against myself my landlord has told me not to worry about my rent rise 

I have decided not to have my mum anymore because it was so distressing to see her crying and screaming because she didn't want to be with my brother 

All my  support had gone I just sat down and the light at the end of the tunnel had gone so at that point then there wasn't any point 

I will be ok though I am a strong person but sometimes I lose my bounce ?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Hi @lisathomas50

Ahh I'm sorry, it's often the case that those caring for others can leave their own needs unattended so I'm glad you reached out for support when things got too much.  How are things now support-wise?  Were the hospital able to talk things through with you and put a plan together incase you had any setbacks?  <fingers crossed you won't>

I know we've signposted to these mental health organisations before but at risk of sounding like a broken record, I wanted to pop them your way again.  You never know when a chat with someone could be just the thing you need.  So, if you ever want to vent, cry, rant or just be heard by someone different - contact:
    Or, if you feel that you need immediate help and you may harm yourself, call 999 and ask for an ambulance.

I'm glad to hear your landlord has been understanding about the rent rise and also, I truly hope things get easier with your mum.  It's heartbreaking seeing our loved ones upset and I can really empathise with how hard this must be for you.  Sending lots of virtual support your way  <3

PS - I'm going to reply to your email so please keep a look out for that in your inbox too :) 

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Cher_Scope I have to live with the long term affects of what I did I have caused liver damage so its a constant reminder not to do it again hopefuly overtime my liver will heal only support I have at the moment is on here mental health team is comeing Friday and police are doing 3 health  checks a day until Friday two phone calls and one visit ?
  • Cher_Alumni
    @lisathomas50 :( That sounds like a robust support plan you have in place for the rest of this week - remember to be open with your mental health team about how you're feeling and any worries you still have.  I would anticipate that they will do a review and organise any support needed for the upcoming weeks too.  Look after yourself  <3

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    I’m sorry to hear you was in hospital how you feeling now ? Hope you feel better soon x 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Wishing you the very best @lisathomas50 :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
    I hope you feel better soon Lisa. Take little steps at a time and take it easy.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @cupcake88 thank you I just need to mend myself  I eill be ok as long as I don't fo it again 
  • Lisatho11987777
  • Lisatho11987777
  • Lisatho11987777
  • Lisatho11987777

Brightness