have anyone been successful with a mandatory reconsideration? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

have anyone been successful with a mandatory reconsideration?

angiecxx
angiecxx Community member Posts: 20 Connected
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. I hope you are well. So i applied for pip just before Christmas and a couple of weeks ago after having a telephone assessment i was told that I was awarded standard mobility rate but I only got 6 points for daily living allowance. I have just sent off my mandatory reconsideration letter which my daughter had to do for me. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone has been successful with a mandatory reconsideration? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

The success rate at Mr is quite low but it does happen and several posts on here with successful outcomes if you look in the pip section 
  • angiecxx
    Okay thank you. I will have a look. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,612 Disability Gamechanger
    The most recent figures I've seen for MR suggest that around 40% succeed, it often helps if you focus on where you didn't score points but think you should have and why.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• angiecxx
    Thank you  i really hope they reconsider and give me the extra points, but I'm not expecting them to. I got 6 points. I don't think I can go through a tribunal,it's too stressful and exhausting ?. 
  • lmcarthur
    lmcarthur Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    hi there I was awarded 8 points for daily living and 4 points for mobility in February , I sent away a letter asking for MR not expecting anything to change and that I was going to have to go to a tribunal as I believed I should have been awarded enhanced living and at least standard mobility , then three weeks ago I received a phone call from dwp who went through my MR letter with me and discussed where and why I should have been awarded more points after about twenty minutes on the phone the lady I spoke to told me she had awarded me enhanced living and enhanced mobility and apologised for not being awarded them in the first place I couldn’t believe it x
  • angiecxx
    Ah that's fantastic news for you. ?. I'm not getting my hopes up. I got 10 points for mobility so i get standard mobility. And i was awarded 6 points for daily living allowance. I just have to wait now. 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    That's great news @lmcarthur! Thanks for keeping us updated. It's a positive outcome for you and it also helps our community members to maintain some optimism about the process as well. :)

@angiecxx We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you. :) Do let us know how you get on as well, won't you please?
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • angiecxx
    @Caz_Scope i definitely will. I honestly don't think that they will change their decision. I didn't send in any evidence with my mandatory reconsideration letter because it would of taken too long to get a letter from my Dr's surgery due to the pandemic and the fact I don't have an actual dr, my old dr left and now it's a case of you see whatever dr is available. Plus in the decision letter it stated due to your medical history etc so I assume they have been in touch with my surgery. I will definitely let you know what the outcome is. Fingers crossed they give me the extra points. The thought of going through a tribunal is making me so anxious and I don't think I can go through it. ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.