Employment Tribunal Preliminary Hearing - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Employment Tribunal Preliminary Hearing

2»

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    OK I just didn't want you to focus on just the promotion aspect as this will be just their word against yours 

While it is important to raise these issues your other complaints may have more weight in your claim 

As the old saying goes if you fail to prepare then you prepare to fail so as much detail as you can as they will have to defend your allegations 
  • Abigail96Galant
    Abigail96Galant Community member Posts: 14 Listener

Thanks for the previous response, it helps.  I was also wondering, the Equality Act mentions quite a bit about discrimination as expected and talks about protected characteristics and different types of discrimination.  What is confusing is this example;  as a hypothetical example, say I applied for a job and I get rejected because the employer thinks I'm Chinese because of my name based on the employers perception.  Whilst I know this is discrimination under the act how would the tribunal believe this if the employer has not actually said?  I don't want to lie and say the employer told me it was.

• janer1967
    It is just your word against theirs I'm afraid 

They may have to evidence their ethnic statistics eg number of ethnic groups employed or number rejected against recruited but I'm not sure 

All you can do is put your side forward 
  • Abigail96Galant
    Abigail96Galant Community member Posts: 14 Listener

This what I thought.  I've got plenty of examples but the only thing I can do is put forward my case.  It will be the job of the ET to decipher truth from lies with evidence.  

All the help I've had from the Scope Community has given confidence and understanding of what I need to do going forward.

Thanks
  • janer1967
    Your welcome no problem 

Brightness