Confused about benefits calculator result — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused about benefits calculator result

Options
Lisatho11987777
Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I did the benefits calculator  and it doesn't seem right it says that even though I get 156.00 a week from work I will still get payments of 217.00 a week from universal credit I am on the limited capability to work  on limited work activity 

Can thst be the right amount does any one know please and thank you 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It depends on whether you get help with your housing costs, or not. There's a work allowance of £293 per month if you get help with housing costs. If you don't get help with this the work allowance is £515 per month. For every pound over your work allowance, 63p is deducted.
    So, for example earning £156 per week (£156 x 52, then divided by 12 to give a monthly amount ) that would be £676 per month. So, £676 - £293 (with housing costs) = £383 x £0.63 = £241.29 which would be the amount deducted from the UC per month (but you'd have the £676 earned in wages).
    Without help with housing it would be £676 - £515 = £161 x £0.63 = £101.43 which would be deducted from UC per month.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.