Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Confused about benefits calculator result

lisathomas50lisathomas50 Member Posts: 3,879 Disability Gamechanger
edited April 29 in Universal Credit
Hi I did the benefits calculator  and it doesn't seem right it says that even though I get 156.00 a week from work I will still get payments of 217.00 a week from universal credit I am on the limited capability to work  on limited work activity 

Can thst be the right amount does any one know please and thank you 

Replies

• chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,039 Disability Gamechanger
    It depends on whether you get help with your housing costs, or not. There's a work allowance of £293 per month if you get help with housing costs. If you don't get help with this the work allowance is £515 per month. For every pound over your work allowance, 63p is deducted.
    So, for example earning £156 per week (£156 x 52, then divided by 12 to give a monthly amount ) that would be £676 per month. So, £676 - £293 (with housing costs) = £383 x £0.63 = £241.29 which would be the amount deducted from the UC per month (but you'd have the £676 earned in wages).
    Without help with housing it would be £676 - £515 = £161 x £0.63 = £101.43 which would be deducted from UC per month.

Sign in or join us to comment.