Hi, my name is Sathis Raj. Will getting ESA affect the amount of universal credit I get? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Sathis Raj. Will getting ESA affect the amount of universal credit I get?

Options
Jesuschristis
Jesuschristis Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I get PIP ,LCWRA and universal credit  I applied for ESA how much will  be ESA  ? Will it effect the amount of universal credit i now get ?
thank you

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

As far as I know yes any esa you get will be deducted from your uc 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Any ESA will be deducted in full from your UC. Claiming both ESA and UC will not increase your overall income. You will get fortnightly ESA payments and reduced monthly UC payments. You will also get Class 1 NI credits through ESA rather than the Class 3 that UC gives.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.