Is there any way around the cap on UC? Any help in completing duplicate form for PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there any way around the cap on UC? Any help in completing duplicate form for PIP?

01Meeshy01
01Meeshy01 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi guys. I have recently been placed in the LCW element. I have a benefit Cap on my Universal Credit, thus leaving me with only £200 per month to live off. The Cap is set at £143.00 per month, was wondering if there is any way around this as living off the amount that I am currently getting is challenging. I applied for PIP a couple of months ago, only to find out today that they never received my claim and was informed that they would send me out a duplicate to fill in, again. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

You should always keep copies of anything you send then you could gave jyst sent them another copy 

For help for both your queries maybe conract welfare rights or Cab 

I don't know the answer about benefit cap but other here will be able to advise 

There is also lots 9f advice in our pip section about filling in the application
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Do you mean you are having £143/month deducted from your UC due to the benefit cap? If you are a single adult outside a London the benefit cap limits your benefit income to £1116/month.

No way around the benefit cap if you do not fall into an exempt category.
    https://www.gov.uk/benefit-cap/when-youre-not-affected

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.