Can anyone help??? Handing fit notes since 2018 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can anyone help??? Handing fit notes since 2018

wheelzz
wheelzz Community member Posts: 13 Connected
edited May 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi all, I have been handing in fit notes since June 2018, my first WCA was cancelled in February 2020 due to lifts not working on the day, wheelchair access etc.. telling me that it will be rescheduled for 3 weeks time but heard nothing whatsoever. I was awarded enhanced PIP in January 2021 and notified my work coach of this but made her aware of the fact that I had still not received a WCA! Fast forward 18th April 2021 I receive a letter stating my telephone assessment appointment at 9:00 am on Thursday 23rd July 2020 has been rescheduled to 26th April 2021. I was never aware of that appointment. Any way apologies in advance if my questions may have been covered and appreciate any answers. Thanks. 
How long will I expect to wait on a decision on whether I will be awarded anything? I.e LWC or LCWRA
If awarded LCWRA when will I be expecting back pay from?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

It can take around 8 weeks for a decision bit this is just a guide 

Backpay is to the 4th month after reporting the condition but they may take into account you dudnt go to the July assessment even though you say you didn't know about it but if they cancelled it then it should be OK 
  • wheelzz
    Hi, @janer1967 thank you for your answer highly appreciated.
    They in fact say that I spoke to them in July I just don’t recal this
  • wheelzz
    And it was an alleged phone assessment 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    OK something you might want to clear up with them 

Also bear in mind you only get any additional money if you are awarded lcwra 
  • wheelzz
    Thank you for your help
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wheelzz and a warm welcome to our community :)

I'm sorry to hear about the delays you've experienced along the way to having your WCA, that must have been frustrating - particularly so in relation to the phone call you have no recollection of.  Maybe it would be worth seeking clarity about that?

Fingers crossed it's smooth running from here on in for you and please do keep us updated with how you get on.

Just to add - I've removed a duplicate post you made about this as I could see you had received a reply from @janer1967 on this thread.  Have a great bank holiday weekend and speak soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • wheelzz
    Good afternoon all, I hope all is well. Today I received a decision letter in my journal stating that I’ve been placed in the LCW group. Me being unhappy with the decision I rang the UC helpline wanting the decision to be reconsidered, the guy on the phone says that he spoke to his superior and that the letter will be updated on my journal so don’t continue with the reconsideration process just keep checking my journal. Does anyone have any experience with this or knows what this means? Or have they fobbed me off?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @wheelzz. I haven't heard of this before, as the person you would have spoke to at UC wouldn't be in a position to change the decision. Have you put your mandatory reconsideration request in writing at all?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • wheelzz
    Good morning @Adrian_Scope, I did feel that the person was intentionally trying to mislead me in saying “keep checking your journal for updates”. So I put it in writing immediately after the phone call. Thank you for your reply.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.