Confused about a message — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused about a message

JayjayT
JayjayT Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi I got an email from UC which read... 

Some benefits can affect how much Universal Credit you receive. Our records show that you are not getting any of these benefits.

I'm currently receiving ESA and have successfully applied for PIP recently what is going on am I getting cut of or what I'm confused. Who do I contact I'm freaking out abit

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

It is just a standard message they send every so often just for you to look at to ensure you are not in receipt of any of the benefits mentioned 

It doesnt mean you are being cut off and unless the email tells you to do anything then you don't need to 

You only need to report if you are getting any of the benefits mentioned 

• JayjayT
    JayjayT Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    @janer1967 oh thank god thank you I woke up to this message and has been running through my mind all morning. I can just relax now thanks xxx
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    If this is an ongoing claim and the message says you are not getting ESA and you are then you should message them to say that you are.

if this is a new claim and the ESA is income based the ESA will stop two weeks after the UC claim is made.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Good morning,  as others have mentioned it’s just a routine letter sent out for information and updating you. On UC my journal say 1 activity to attend to on looking through my journal I could not find anything to do.  On enquiry to UC work coach it a fault in the software of UC that put up this message so just ignore it. It was a worry and caused a lot of frustration for a while.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.