Hello again - help with patio plants? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello again - help with patio plants?

22Putney
22Putney Community member Posts: 27 Connected
edited April 2021 in Coffee lounge
Good morning I hope we see the sun soon, I am still getting to grips with the site, thank you to everyone that has made me welcome.....yesterday a very odd day here the atmosphere was very flat outside, not that I go out still very noticeable, there is a lane that runs along the edge of the flats and all very quiet? am I going a bit odd? Lol ....I have purchased 2 fuchsia pyramid plants (shopping channel)  I thought as it said pato etc on tv they would be safe outside it seems not on the lable...they where delivered last evening, now just sitting here, unpacked by my neibough, any ideas anyone, the Gardner here sprayed the ones we had outside with weedkiller, I thought get some more and that should be nice, it seems I may have made an awful mistake poor plants..I have had a look on web, mmm I thought pato and outside would work....hope I am not boring you, Mary.

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @22Putney

Oooh you are inspiring me with your gardening talk.  I have a long list of things I need to do which includes buying new plants too :) 

What does it say on the label?  Would they not be okay if potted?  The poor wee things!

Just to let you know, I've moved this post to our 'Coffee lounge' which is our home for general chit chat and slightly tweaked the title to help our green-fingered members spot it and respond!  Wishing you lots of luck with your new fuchsias.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Fuchsias are very resilient as long as you water them regularly but not overly. I can’t think what the problem is?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Agreed we have fushsias that come back year after year, if you have somewhere to keep them indoors till all chance of frost has gone it should help.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hello @22Putney, or should I say Mary :)

I don't think we've spoken on the forum as yet, so I thought I would stop by to say hello and welcome! Great to see you already getting the hang of things and posting about what you've been up to recently. 

Yes, we seem to have had quite a few frosty mornings of late, even though we are nearly into May! Probably best to keep them indoors for a little bit longer. Hoepfully they will come too, (green :) ) fingers crossed!
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • 22Putney
    Thank you, yes they are sitting in the kitchen now, taking care of them, they will be outside soon I hope.....they are needed here as it's bleak outside and we need them to brighten the place up...take care keep safe.
  • 22Putney
    Update from me, after going on the "noom diet site" and wondered has anyone looked or joined? is anyone trying to trim down, or a group, just a thought. Thank you for your time, and reply's nice to here from you all, I cannot do gardening any more, and miss it... telly time for me, questions on the afternoon game show, (tipping point) mmm I may get some correct answers, enjoy the evening take care. Thank you.
  • 22Putney
    Good afternoon, I hope everyone is well, and having a good 1st of May. ...after the failure with noom, I had a look at weight Watchers, sent a message and nothing came back? Is this hint to give up or just use good old common sense... It's looking that way, at my age I should realise you cannot get the weight off by just paying a weekly subscription.... fingers crossed I grow up soon, and take responsibility for what I consume, yes a few home truths needed I think, any successful slimmers out there? Thank you for your time keep safe.....now a touch of tv light entertainment.....
  • Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    edited May 2021
    Hi there young fuscia can be badly affected by frost they are better protected over any frosty nights edit, just saw that has been mentioned!
    Pixie?
    Yoga heals the soul ??
  • 22Putney
    Hello fuchia's happy in the kitchen! You where do correct a the cold weather here again, have a good day and take care, Thank you.  

Brightness