Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra

Options
loosendz66
loosendz66 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi i was wirkibg oart time and was on universal credit too i went sick from my job last marck 2020 up until novenber 2020 i was in receiot of stat sick pay from work they stopoed paying me in november ...i think told universal credit and they then out me in for wirk capability to see if i could get extra pay..i recieved lcwra  but they are only taking ut from 06/01/2021 but i still had socknote from the time my stat sick pay ended in november.. up to january so for two months i recieved nothing inky ny universak credit 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    LCWRA element is only payable four months after you notified them of your health condition. if you had told them about your health condition when you were signed off sick at work in March the health assessment process would have started then. When did you tell them about your health condition and did you provide details of Fit Notes to support this?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

There is a 3 month waiting period after reporting the condition for which there is no additional payment 

Payments starts from the 4th month 
  • loosendz66
    loosendz66 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    @calcotti i told them as from nivenber 2021 when ny sick pay stopoed from work and i had to provide sick notes to them through my journal..but they are taking it from when my sicknote started after the ither one ran out in novenber....
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Can you clarify - are you saying that they are only treating you as having LCWRA from January or that they are paying you the LCWRA element from January? When you reported it did you provide them details of the Fit Note that covered you for the period from November to January?

Unfortunately what you should have done is tell them about your health condition last March.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.