Advice about award and mandatory reconsideration - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice about award and mandatory reconsideration

Options
2»

Comments

• PrincessRuby
    PrincessRuby Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    Options
    @hollymurray40 mine took about 6 weeks from when it was logged onto their system to decision. So hopefully a few more weeks and you’ll know.
    I suffer with both mental and physical issues.

The thing is with PIP from what I understand is it doesn’t go off your illness’ it goes off how it affects you. 

I sent in a covering statement that outlined the points/descriptors I disagreed with and gave reasons/examples as to why. When I phoned a couple of days ago I did add on about my GP adding medication etc too x
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The thing is with PIP from what I understand is it doesn’t go off your illness’ it goes off how it affects you. 
    Absolutely correct. The only instance where a PIP award is made based on a diagnosis is if somebody has a terminal illness and may die within 6 months.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Harrington
    Harrington Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    Options
    @PrincessRuby i done an MR 4 years ago as i had standard living and nothing for mobility and i was successful with mobilty.reason i didnt get higher for daily care is i didnt ask MR for it i think i overlooked it as i was stressed after reading assessor report,now i have had another review same outcome so have sent another MR for both this time i think my mind is clearer now as nothing the assessor writes down shock me anymore...congrats on your good news but so sorry about you darling little dog bless...
  • PrincessRuby
    Options
    @Harrington Thank-you. Sorry to hear you’re having to do a MR again this time round! Hopefully your MR will be successful too. 
    Without this site/forum and reading through past posts etc I don’t think I ever would have done a MR, but glad I did. 
    I received the decision letter today, scored 13 points on daily living and 14 on mobility. 
    The award is until 2023 too. 
  • Harrington
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @PrincessRuby Thanks yes i hope so too,great news that you won the MR it gives us all hope, at least now its something less for you to stress about, as i know coping with our illness/disability is hard enough for us without this added stress..
  • PrincessRuby
    Options
    @Harrington I didn’t think it would be changed at MR and was almost trying to prepare myself to go to appeal. So just hope it does give some hope that it can - and does - happen at MR stage too.
    When did you send off your MR?

The one thing I still have a question is about is the award date..I have it until 2023 and know that they can review at any point but was wondering, is it usually around 6 months before the award ends similar to ESA do you know?

Hopefully they’ll get your MR done quickly for you, for me it took just over 6 weeks. 
  • Harrington
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @PrincessRuby I have had an MR before and was successful then and was surprised like you i thought appeal was going to need to happen, I had the review forms 6 months before my renew but still got paid until the decision of my new review was made, you get a month from the date of the review forms/letter to fill it in and send back so they want them long in advance before they actually asses you.
    I sent my MR around 9 days ago it took 3 weeks before unsure how long this time..I guess it varies.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.