Careers allowance advice
Hi everyone. I’m new to scope. I was just wondering if someone can help me please. I was receiving lower rate care for my son since last April. I made a new claim in March and they received it on the 25/03/21. I received a letter today saying from the 28/05/21 I’ll be receiving middle rate care for him. Which means I can now make a claim for caterers allowance. I had a look at the career allowance form earlier. I put the 28th as when do you want the claim to start date. I’m confused at the next part asking ‘Were you providing care for the person for more than 35 hours a week before this date’ because obviously I was but I don’t know what to put. Would it be no as he wasn’t entitled to middle rate before the 28th? Or would it be yes from the date I made the renewal dla claim? I’ts really confusing me. If someone could help me please that would be amazing. Thank you ?
- 50.3K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 684 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 952 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.8K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 667 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 724 Autism and neurodiversity
- 870 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.