Do you put milk in before you put in the hot water when making tea. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you put milk in before you put in the hot water when making tea.

2»

Comments

• Dusty_Hammer
    Dusty_Hammer Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    spankie76 said:
    @Dusty_Hammer it's the reason I don't keep jobs for long, apparently I ask too many questions and think too much ? and friends come to think of it?
    Oh dear! Ha ha. I’m not good at asking questions, more just bluntly putting my point of view across which appears to have the same effect.... ??
  • Jean Eveleigh
    Jean Eveleigh Scope Member Posts: 183 Pioneering
    yes, I do I don't drink tea haven't for over 30 years so I find it helps me to brew the tea to the correct strength for the drinker, I have always been told I make a cracking cuppa.

My recipe is:- Tea bag, then sugar, then milk, (then if making for a child or dog cold water) then hot water halfway up - stir 50 rotations, squeeze the bag out, fill to top with water, and stir again.

The reason for mile first goes back to when tea was first brought to the UK as you needed to put cold liquid into the china cup to stop the hot water/tea from splitting the china so it was always intended to be milk first.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Dog? :D
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited May 2021
    This thread just remined me of a Taskmaster episode that I re-watched quite recently!

This clip takes the debate about how to make the best cup of tea to a whole new level. Admittedly, I wouldn't fancy a cuppa made by this lot of comedians though.  :smiley:

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Paddyrooney62
    Paddyrooney62 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Oh I have to put the milk in first in my wife’s tea and my coffee. Coming from Ireland my mother always taught us that without the milk you scald the tea/coffee. So old habits die hard. Lol ????
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I was taught at one point to pour the water over the back of the spoon as it goes in to avoid scalding it @Paddyrooney62- it's a minefield! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness