Thanks for making me feel a 1000 times worse! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Thanks for making me feel a 1000 times worse!

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 144 Pioneering
Well, I did used to come on here to try and feel better but after being called garbled I'm now not so sure? 
Some folk on here, gamechanger or not, really don't help the cause. 
United we are, or if not, we,ll fall I'm afraid. See ya.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm really sorry to read this @givingup :disappointed: have you reported this to the community team?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Ami2301 said:
    I'm really sorry to read this @givingup :disappointed: have you reported this to the community team?
    The relevant thread has been closed by a moderator.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @givingup sorry to hear you have been  upset don't let that put you off we are here for you 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @givingup

I'm sorry to read that you feel this way, it certainly isn't the intention of our members, or myself, to cause you to feel worse when coming on the community. 

Our inbox is always open, so please feel free to drop us an email to community@scope.org.uk if you fancy a chat about this, I hope we can get things resolved so that you can continue to enjoy the community. As @janer1967 says, we are here for you, and want to support you.

Take care
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Jean Eveleigh
    Jean Eveleigh Scope Member Posts: 183 Pioneering
    Hi GivingUp

I read the bedroom tax thread you started, I apologize I wasn't on earlier.

I think your problem is in addressing the person living with you as your partner i.e. living together as man and wife rather than as your carer the two links below may be of some use to you.

It would also help if you have been assessed by social services as needing this overnight care regardless of if they provide it or not.

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financial-support/help-with-benefits/bedroom-tax?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiuCKo4O98AIVkWDmCh3MbwKEEAAYAyAAEgL5j_D_BwE

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financial-support/help-with-benefits/challenging-a-bedroom-tax-decision
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I would take offence at that becsuse it can be read different ways 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I only meant that  it could be taken the wrong way  but the poster shouldn't throw personal attacks 

What I would like to say is I am private rent I have three bedrooms  only use one bedroom private rent  don't pay bedroom tax it goes on how much rent you are allowed  my house is now 550.00 rent universal credit only pay 450.00 I have to pay the rest  because the landlord put my rent up by 50.00  before it was 500.00 so I paid 50.00 

The poster has said they are private rent so in thst case there is no bedroom tax  I could live in a ten bedroom house  i would only have to pay the extra rent 

My friend lives in private rent and has 6 bedrooms 4 not in use  her rent is 550.00 the same as mine so she only pays 100.00 towards her rent its not bedroom tax 
  • [Deleted User]
    It seems to me that certain people on here think everything they say is correct and aren't capable of just saying I disagree and leave it at that. 
    They believe they are perfect and other people are stupid, these people have a lot to learn about mental health , they may be clever at the way they write on here and think others are not allowed to post .
    I'm much better at talking in person than writing on forums , that's just the way it is. 
    Anyway, I've had enough on here , I've got enough problems as it is without being insulted by someone who should know better?
    Why are you still posting on my post if you don't like me? It's obvious to me that you think your far superior to most on here?  Do you enjoy picking on people with mental health issues or what? 
    And if you think I'm garbled that's your problem not mine!
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I would like to say that I appear to be the 4th 'Disability Gamechanger' that has commented on this thread (having tried to help this poster on another thread). This is a name which you get after making a certain number of posts, etc. We don't ask to get this name, it's something this online community of Scope do. Yet again someone who has a grievance thinks 'we' are all against them, which couldn't be further from the truth. What can unfortunately happen is that a person takes umbrage when given facts they disagree with, or dislikes how it was presented despite a person trying to help, I too am concerned; whilst trying to help I have received abuse, whilst Mike, who has a wealth of experience, has received way more. Continuing another thread where personal abuse has already happened serves no purpose, & another disparaging comment had already been made prior to this by this poster about volunteering in the community.
    As has been said previously, this is not your post, rather what you've mentioned in a public forum, which invites comments. I'm sorry you don't realise that Mike was trying to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2021
    Chiarieds when have I abused you ?What puzzles me is why Mike called me garbled? Is that helping?  Anyway, if you wish to ban me then go ahead. 
  • [Deleted User]
    I,ll be glad when I'm dead, no more worries about money, place to live, not having to worry about what people think of me on here, no more health problems, god I can't wait.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Closed, pending review in the morning.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger

After review, this thread will remain closed. 

We ask all our members to abide by the community house rules to ensure our community can remain a friendly and supportive space for disabled people.  However, where conversation turns negative, this shared goal becomes compromised.   As a result, it is important when constructing posts:

• To keep comments directed around content, rather than personal attacks.
    • To be mindful of phrasing/language that could be construed as insensitive.

If you see any comments that you feel breach the house rules, then please avoid responding in the heat of the moment.  Instead, use the ‘report’ facility at the bottom of individual posts – click the flag, then report – to notify the admin team and allow you some space. 

If you would prefer not to see posts from any individual member, you can also use the ignore function

To clarify the ‘gamechangers’ status is not individually awarded, rather it is automatically applied when any member reaches 1000 points.  Points are accumulated via engagement on the community, for instance – by replying to posts, starting threads, etc.  Irrespective of this, the house rules apply to all. 

@Givingup I’m sorry to hear you feel that way and am going to be emailing you very soon to discuss how we can support you.  Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness