D.I.V.O.R.C.E — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

D.I.V.O.R.C.E

janer1967
janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
Update for you all so you can go out and buy your party outfit ready 

Divorce has been granted just the 6 week wait now before it is final 

He was also ordered to pay all costs 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    So long as we're guaranteed a virtual party, I shall immediately begin shopping for my virtual party outfit. :)
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Congrats. Now to choose a bow tie for the party. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    You will all be invited and we can  upload pics of out party wear lol well if it gets sorted we can 
    @leecal can't wait to see your bow tie 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @janer1967 great news, just 6 short weeks then it's onwards and upwards and PARTY TIME !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    It all ties in with the end of the covid restrictions if they go to plan

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,788 Disability Gamechanger
    @janer1967 congrats, it gives you closure. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations  you have closure now I know when my divorce came through I had mixed feelings I felt happy but I also felt sad 
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Yay! Very pleased to hear things are moving swiftly :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • janer1967
    @lisathomas50 I get what you mean I am sad it didn't work my world fell apart the day he left but the more I found out about what he had been up to for so long the more it hurt 

It's taken me 4 years to file for divorce but to me it is a milestone to show I have come through the other side and can close that chapter 

• Lisatho11987777
    Exactly  I found out which  makes me laugh now because it was one in a million but hard to deal with at the time I was in hospital  after just haveiing my son  my husband wasn't with me as he said he was to far away he came about four hours later 

He came in  and a woman came in 2mins after and said oh sorry  wrong room and she said what are you doing here to my husband I said he is my husband and we just had a little boy my husband gave me my son and ran 

The woman followed him in becsuse she had seen where he had gone as her daughter had been in labour for two days  and had a little girl that day and the baby was my husbands  he had been with the other person for two  years 

The worst part was he said he still loved me and wouldn't divorce me it got quite messy 
  • janer1967
    @lisathomas50 it really begs belief what some people do , I could write a novel lol 

• Lisatho11987777
    @janer1967 I could yo we probably make loads of money I couldn't belive the odds of me being in same time as she was both had a baby he didn't see that one comeing  karma  lol 
  • janer1967
    @lisathomas50 my ex had affair with his older sons partner the mother of his grandkids? 

He set up with her and they had a child together within 7 months so no other evidence needed about adultery have had another since 

Lives with her his 3 grandkids and 2 kids , he also has 3 other kids my son being 1 of them 

Can just imagine what his grand daughter said at school would be along lines of my mummy sleeps with my grandad 

• Lisatho11987777
    Oh god @janer1967 that is beyond must be confusing for the children that's awful to do that to  uour own son aswel sorry you had to go through all thst there is always  a liveing reminder  I am so sorry but your moveung on now he isn't worth the pain 

Stay strong and be happy  I don't  see my ex  he stopped  comeing to see my son when he was six months old 
  • janer1967
    I don't see him but our son does see him about 4 times a year 

My ex too busy with his new life to bother seeing him 

• Lisatho11987777
    If your son wants to see him then that's OK my older kids wanted nothing to do with their dad so that's how it's been 
  • saversam
    saversam Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Good luck & the very best wishes Janet for the next exciting new chapter in your life.???
  • saversam
    saversam Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Blimey @lisathomas50 and @janer1967 - you couldn't write it could you?  Life eh!

I'm really pleased to hear the divorce is going through @janer1967 Not long now until some closure and a good old party.  I'll get the bunting ready.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness