PIP mandatory reconsideration time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP mandatory reconsideration time

shibisaber
shibisaber Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Hello,
In early November time, I asked the DWP for a mandatory reconsideration, a week or so later I got a phone call from the assessor asking if they had all the new documents and that they were going to make a new decision that afternoon. It's now been over 6 weeks and I haven't heard or gotten anything back from them.

Is this normal or should I phone them up?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

For an MR it's approximately 2-10 weeks, sometimes longer. Although there's not really any timescales for any decision. Do remember though that there were also closing days for Christams and New year.

Hopefully not too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Hope your not waiting too much longer 

It will be a DWP decision maker not the assessor that makes the decision . The assessors only do the assessment and complete the report 

Why not give them a call after the holidays and see what's happening 
  • shibisaber
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

Hope your not waiting too much longer 

It will be a DWP decision maker not the assessor that makes the decision . The assessors only do the assessment and complete the report 

Why not give them a call after the holidays and see what's happening 
    Yeah, I believe it was a decision-maker my mistake!
  • hollymurray40
    hollymurray40 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
  • shibisaber
    @hollymurray40 unfortunately no. I haven't got around to ringing them either, it's absolutely ridiculous! All I really want now is the letter back so I can go to tribunal (which I'm unfortunately expecting) 
  • shibisaber
    UPDATE: Rang the DWP today after my patience had given up. Told that a letter had been sent or at least registered for December 3rd. Never received it. Now in the process of trying to actually get a hold of a copy
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    UPDATE: Rang the DWP today after my patience had given up. Told that a letter had been sent or at least registered for December 3rd. Never received it. Now in the process of trying to actually get a hold of a copy
    Thanks for the update, I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience you're going through. Have they said they'll resend it?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • shibisaber
    Thanks for the update, I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience you're going through. Have they said they'll resend it?
    She said she'd email the DM to resend the letter as she couldn't get through to them by phone. Unsurprisingly, I still haven't received the letter.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    She said she'd email the DM to resend the letter as she couldn't get through to them by phone. Unsurprisingly, I still haven't received the letter.
    Oh dear, that's not very good at all.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • shibisaber
    Oh dear, that's not very good at all.
    Unsurprisingly, I still haven't received the letter. I am very tolerable of issues and delays but quite honestly it's been unacceptable and I will be writing a complaint.
  • shibisaber
    UPDATE: Rang them on the 26th of July. They said that the request was there but hadn't gone through and said they will put another request in under urgent. Sent a complaint letter the week before. I now haven't received anything from either situation. Even if you deduct the 3 months from covid, I've still been in the system for 1 year and 2 months
  • shibisaber
    Final Update: After receiving my mandatory reconsideration letter after ~9 months, I went in for tribunal in early November. I received a phone call today from the DWP saying that they were going to give me standard mobility which is what I had mainly applied for PIP for. To my surprise the person I spoke to also ended up giving me standard daily living after she identified that I should of had 4 points on my communication on top of the 4 points I had already received for mixing with others. She was by far the most useful person I had spoken too and I'm very happy that after over a year and six months after first applying this has been the result! :D
  • effie678
    effie678 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Good result, well worth waiting for ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.