PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP mandatory reconsideration time

shibisabershibisaber Member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello,
In early November time, I asked the DWP for a mandatory reconsideration, a week or so later I got a phone call from the assessor asking if they had all the new documents and that they were going to make a new decision that afternoon. It's now been over 6 weeks and I haven't heard or gotten anything back from them.

Is this normal or should I phone them up?

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

For an MR it's approximately 2-10 weeks, sometimes longer. Although there's not really any timescales for any decision. Do remember though that there were also closing days for Christams and New year.

Hopefully not too much longer.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,104 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Hope your not waiting too much longer 

It will be a DWP decision maker not the assessor that makes the decision . The assessors only do the assessment and complete the report 

Why not give them a call after the holidays and see what's happening 
  • shibisabershibisaber Member Posts: 4 Listener
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

Hope your not waiting too much longer 

It will be a DWP decision maker not the assessor that makes the decision . The assessors only do the assessment and complete the report 

Why not give them a call after the holidays and see what's happening 
    Yeah, I believe it was a decision-maker my mistake!
  • hollymurray40hollymurray40 Member Posts: 9 Listener
  • shibisabershibisaber Member Posts: 4 Listener
    @hollymurray40 unfortunately no. I haven't got around to ringing them either, it's absolutely ridiculous! All I really want now is the letter back so I can go to tribunal (which I'm unfortunately expecting) 
Sign in or join us to comment.