Hi, my name is dollydust! Trying to fill out the form for Carers Allowance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dollydust! Trying to fill out the form for Carers Allowance

dollydust
dollydust Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
I trying to fill the form for carers  allowance, am I classed as the carer ? Part 5 more information “, saying use the box to tell us anything else we need to know” does this mean to state my conditions?
many thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

It is the person who provides the care for somebody that applies for carers to give them payment for caring 

If you are the one receiving the care you don't apply 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @dollydust and welcome to the community. 

I hope you are well. Has the above response been helpful for you? 

Just to let you know, I have moved your discussion to the Carers Allowance category, and altered the title to give people an idea of what to expect.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.