I'm back — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm back

Options
pollyanna1052
pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
Hi everyone!! I've returned after a long absence, as I've been dealing with a lot of care issues. I was so stressed out after my long term carer of 9 years, walked out in temper mid shift...leaving me speechless!

She then went on the sick for 5 months and finally resigned. Since then I have used an agency which I had to sack after 4 months.

I'm interviewing a new carer on Tuesday and fingers crossed it will be a good outcome.

I do have a good carer who comes in twice a week Mon to Friday and does one night. I'm seeking a weekend plus I night carer now.

I'm a bit less stressed and hoping for some relief here from my old pals and new ones too.

Love Polly xx

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome back sorry you have been having care issues and hope you get it sorted 

Take care 
  • pollyanna1052
    Options
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lovely to have you back with us @pollyanna1052! I'm sorry to hear things have been stressful for you and I hope it soon gets resolved  :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,432 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
           Great to have you back, I'm sure there were a lot besides me were worried about your absence. Hope all is good now. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome back :smiley: it is great to see you.

I was just wondering yesterday when you would be back!

Sorry to hear you are having issues, I hope the interview goes well.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @pollyanna1052 great to have you back, sorry you have had care issues, take care.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome back @pollyanna1052 :) I'm also sorry to hear of the problems you've had getting the right care, but fingers crossed Tuesday will go well! Give us a shout if you need anything. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • pollyanna1052
    Options
    Hi everyone. Thankyou so much for the great welcome back and your kind words of support. I have missed our chats here, but I will be joining in again now . You're such lovely people.xx
  • pollyanna1052
    Options
    Welcome back @pollyanna1052 :) I'm also sorry to hear of the problems you've had getting the right care, but fingers crossed Tuesday will go well! Give us a shout if you need anything. 

Hi Tori, Thanks for your message. I am a member of the MS forum, but they have changed their format and I cant get back on the forum. I have tried for ages without success. I can get to the MS website and when I click on forum, my screen goes blank.x
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     How lovely to see you back @pollyanna1052 - you've been missed. I hope the interview goes well on Tuesday. :)
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hello @pollyanna1052 :)

Lovely to meet you. We won't have spoken before now, as I'm still quite new to the online community. Sorry to hear about your recent issues. Hope that gets resolved for you soon. And I'm very much looking forward to chatting with you again and getting to know you a bit better. 

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • pollyanna1052
    Options
    Hello @pollyanna1052 :)

Lovely to meet you. We won't have spoken before now, as I'm still quite new to the online community. Sorry to hear about your recent issues. Hope that gets resolved for you soon. And I'm very much looking forward to chatting with you again and getting to know you a bit better. 

Hi Caz, lovely to meet you too.

Have you had a good Bank Holiday? I had to call a doctor for a problem, which he zapped with anti biotics and it is improving steadily.

I had 2 great days out. One with my daughter and soon to be son in law. Their wedding was postponed from March to 26th June. I am very excited about it. The other outing was with a carer. She is excellent and is very good to me.
     Do you need carers? I have had them for 10 years . I have MS....23 years now.....it took my mobility and I have been a wheelchair user for a long time. But I try to keep cheerful and love to craft, but my hands are weakening .

Do you get out much?

ttfn, Pollyxx
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello from me @pollyanna1052 It's lovely to meet you!

It sounds like you had a fab weekend and I'm glad the antibiotics are clearing up your problem.  How exciting about your daughter's wedding!  I eloped to Gretna Green in April with my other half to do the deed and it was such a special day  <3 Lets keep our fingers crossed this weather stays nice for her and I can't wait to hear all about it.

What kind of crafts do you enjoy?  We have a KaleidoScope thread dedicated to all things crafty if you want to pop a photo on there at any time.  

I hope you have a nice afternoon and look forward to speaking with you again soon :)  Take care.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @pollyanna1052
                                     Welcome back to the community, it's great to have you back with us. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you have been facing and I hope that things start improving. How exciting to hear of your daughter's wedding, I can imagine that's really exciting and something to look forward too, please if you feel you would like too, you'll have to let us know how it goes :) It's great to have you back :) Thank you. 

Brightness