Free dating sites - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Free dating sites

Comments

• gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    If there are any desperate Ladies out there,........lol. :) 
  • gaz1960
    Please start all messages with," I'm desperate  ......:) Lol. :) 

My apologies, just my stupid sense of humor! :) lol. :) 
  • gaz1960
    Having a sense of humor, helps? 

• gaz1960
    Lol,hopefully, at least made a few people smile,or laugh with the past few posts! :) 
    That would be brilliant! :) 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear you haven't been able to make progress @gaz1960, sometimes it can take a bit of time and I'm sure you'll find someone eventually :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • gaz1960
    Yeah,right,and pigs might fly! 
  • Misscat
    Misscat Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Sholay09 said:
    Hello I just wanted to ask whether if there were any completely free dating sites as I believe there has got to be free ones out there?
    www.freedating.co.uk absolutelly free)) 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    gaz1960 said:
    I think Ross was only trying to be helpful and friendly.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I met my partner on a free chat group but that was 20years ago  most people I know have met on Facebook chatted on messenger then met up as Facebook friends are normaly in the same sort of area 

I do laugh at my Facebook I have over 2000 people on it lol ?
  • gaz1960
    woodbine said:
    gaz1960 said:
    I think Ross was only trying to be helpful and friendly.
    Yes,i Completely understand that Ross meant well,apologies if my comment was read as anything other than my disbelief in any, actual future prospects! It was just a tongue in cheek, response as to how i view anything changing! Lol.  :) 

Just as an update, "Freedating"site,and "completelyfree",dating sites,both hhhhmmmm.... in my opinion! Been on them for years! The old adage,"you get what you pay for",springs to mind! Lol 

And i dont use Facebook, or messanger,so no chance of using those as an option! Lol :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    edited June 2021
    Tagged is the best free dating website as there's open messaging so you can message anyone you want without worrying about having to gain matches first. This is advantageous for men. :)  Also the various local chat rooms on discord that people use to meet people near them is also advantageous for men. :)

In second place there is POF. Just don't get reported as they automatically temporarily ban accounts that get reported. I think I got shadowbanned after an entitled woman sent me a reply to complain that I'd messaged her twice which then I think she reported me. It was unintentional. Afterwards my search feature doesn't work properly any more so I can't browse the pages of search results.

Fetlife is a kink orientated social network like Facebook but for people with fetishes. It attracts polyamorous people, LGBT people, ethnic minorities and people with a high sex drive.I joined the local polyamorous community from there. Feeld is good it claims to be the first dating app that supports couples in an open relationship, but because it asks you to put your kinks in your profile it has sexual undertones.

OK Cupid isn't good any more. They got sold from Humour Rainbow Inc to Match Group (owned by IAC) which also owns Tinder, Badoo, Match.com, Meetme, eHarmony and Twoo. So then OK Cupid got features removed and made much worse to stop it from threatening more profitable alternatives Match Group owns. With OK Cupid under the new system you can technically send messages but it won't reach their inbox until they match with you. Men and women have been complaining that the people they send messages never read their inbox and that messages they have technically received they cannot see.
  • Misscat
    Misscat Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    I met my husband on POF
  • gaz1960
    Having read the news articles, and heard on the radio about the government teaming up with dating sites, about members can put in their profiles, if they have been vaccinated for covid! 
    Thats not only giving personal,medical information, but also putting extra obstacles in the way of dating and creating a victimisation of who is vaccinated and who is not. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,717 Disability Gamechanger
    Just to add to ideas Facebook has recently put a dating page on, I keep getting ads for it, I don't know if 8ts any good as I im not looking to date anyone.
  • gaz1960
    Looked at reviews of Tagging site, it's not a dating site,its like Facebook, media site,with 83% Male,and 17% Female members, and American site,not UK. Ages range from 18 to 49. 

"Buy" things to send to other people! 

Not free site! 

Looked at sayditto,another rip off! 

Only two totally free uk sites,but,both have same people and same scammers on them for years,just different profile names,lol. But same pics! Lol 

Just a suggestion, mentioned it before,but Scope a great site,woukd be good if could incorporate a dating thread/post. 
    Yes,i know, safety of members is paramount! I totally agree! 

Just seems like a wasted opportunity for people in the same/and ,or,similar,situation to be able to connect and maybe find friendship or more! 
    But guessing if people want to connect, they they can PM each other on here. 

• gaz1960
    POF? 

Every time i try to register, it wont accept I am a MALE. 

Maybe i should........naah,......whatever! :blush:
  • innocent21
    innocent21 Posts: 35 Connected
    edited June 2021
    gaz1960 said:
    Looked at reviews of Tagging site, it's not a dating site,its like Facebook, media site,with 83% Male,and 17% Female members, . Ages range from 18 to 49.
    It is a dating website. And even if the website claims that it's for making friends instead, the general public will turn it into a dating website anyway.

You shouldn't always trust online reviews. Google has changed their algorithm years ago so that if a website or company gets negative reviews online Google will demote the website in the search results. This has incentivised companies to pay people to write negative reviews of their competitors to financially harm them and benefit themselves financially as they boost up the search results.

Google added this change because one company was abusing their customers in the hope they would write a negative review online out of their own accord, and every time they did his company would appear higher on the search results above his competitors. He got foolish and wrote about his blackhat SEO trick online in a blog article then google started to differentiate between positive and negative customer reviews while also demoting or banning his website and other websites with high amounts of negative reviews.

and American site,not UK
    There's a lot of UK users on Tagged. I've used it and there was for me.

"Buy" things to send to other people! 

Not free site! 

This is false or misleading. Tagged is free I've used it before. On Tagged it's...

• Free to send messages
    • Free to receive messages
    • Free to send friend requests
    • Free to receive friend requests
    • Free to send comments on someone's profile, status and images
    • Free to reply to comments
    • Free to search users by their username
    • Free to browse people and filter the results by a 5, 10 or 20 mile radius, city, age and sex,
    • Free to like or dislike people on the swiping to hopefully get matches
    • Free to see which people you've matched with on the swiping
    • Free to see who your matches are and visit their profile
    Now what isn't free?

• It costs money to see who viewed your profile
    • It costs money to sort people by popularity
    • It costs money to see who liked you on the swiping before you get a chance to like them back
    • It costs money to send people virtual gifts
    • It costs money to buy credits to use in the Pets game
    • It costs money to view read receipts
    The website sounds pretty free or virtually free to me :)

Just a suggestion, mentioned it before,but Scope a great site,woukd be good if could incorporate a dating thread/post. 
    Yes,i know, safety of members is paramount! I totally agree! 

The problem with creating a dating thread or category on this scope forum, is that people will stalk people online before they meet them in person. On dating websites people are reluctant to share personal information about themselves with potential partners and dates, so people would not feel comfortable knowing that a person they're going on a date with has read sensitive information about them on this forum.

• gaz1960
    Soooooo... Tagging site isn't free!
    And actually aimed at younger people! .
    Free,to me,means,free!  No underhanded options to :upgrade to get to actually message, or chat with other people! 

FREE,means FREE! 

• gaz1960
    Not Free,if you PAY! 
  • gaz1960
    Free registration, does not mean FREE! 

Brightness