help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

help

bobt10
bobt10 Community member Posts: 26 Listener
i applied for ESA on 4th march ive been send my sick note in regular i have not herd anything off them not rceived any forms to fill out cant find contact number process says 2-3months it nearly 4 months now 
any advice much appreciated

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    You'll need to ring the Universal Credit helpline  0800 328 5644 (they deal with new style ESA too).
    You should have received a Work Capability questionnaire to complete and return and have been receiving fortnightly payments at the assessment rate (if you meet the NI conditions).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • bobt10
    im receving fortnightly payments just not received any paperwork
  • calcotti
    bobt10 said:
    im receving fortnightly payments just not received any paperwork
    That's good - it confirms you have a claim. Ring the helpline to a ask why you haven't received the ESA50 (health form).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • bobt10
    ive been on hold for 50minutes to them

• calcotti
    bobt10 said:
    ive been on hold for 50minutes to them
    That's not unusual. Sometimes it's better if you phone early in the day.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.