Hi I'm eleanor95! I haven't heard anything from PIP since my assessment. How long for a decision? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm eleanor95! I haven't heard anything from PIP since my assessment. How long for a decision?

Options
eleanor95
eleanor95 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Heya everyone 
I rang about a form for pip on the 2nd February filled it out and then got text from DWP saying they have my forms on the 22nd February..well I rang in may to see what was happening with my claim as I hadn't heard anything ..got told to contact captiva so phoned them and got a phone assessment for the 19th may ..i then rang pip line and let them know the date as seen people has had problem with pip not hearing they had assessment... But I haven't heard anything from pip technically without me contacting since February is this normal ? Or should I contact them and see if they have it ?  And how long normally after assessment should it take for a decision ??
Thank you
PS I'm from northern Ireland 

Comments

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's different being in Northern Ireland? But I had my assessment and got a text about a week later saying the dwp had received the report from assessment and would be contacting me within 10 weeks (I think it was 10 my memory is pants!) but I would of thought they should of maybe let you know its been received by now? Also my decision came 5 days later but it was a big old no! So that's why it came so fast I think and I see from many other people it can take months for a decision at times so no way of telling really other than knowing the maximum amount of time they are allowed to take? Maybe they haven't got your mobile number? Or have it wrong?  Or maybe they just haven't needed to contact you because you have been telling them things as you go along? All I can say for sure is I have got messages all the way through when anything updates or happens? But the time frame may be different where you are anyway? Sorry can't be much help! Hope you get it sorted ASAP it's a flipping headache in itself this process!
    Take care and stay safe! :-) 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

They do sometimes send text to say they have all info and gone for decision  

There are no fixed timescales but they estimate 8 weeks for a decision 
  • eleanor95
    eleanor95 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Thank you so much . I just wanted to know if it normal for some people not to hear anything till the decision and I'll maybe give them a ring on Monday and see if they got my assessment 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.