I've been disabled since 1996. I'm now at an age where I understand the absurdity of life — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been disabled since 1996. I'm now at an age where I understand the absurdity of life

Options
outlaw666
outlaw666 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hi, been disabled since 1996,i only have one arm and my left leg is a bit iffy, but it works ok....all the other bits work ok. (maybe my brain is a bit weird sometimes ) i am single and .i have always had a motorcycle which i ride every day  , i have a few motorcycles one of which is in my bedroom (which is probably why i am single ) ...i am now at an age where i understand the absurdity of life , i have no expectations and try to live it on a daily basis . . 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community and telling us about yourself 

Great you can ride a motor bike and keep up your passion 

Feel free to look around and join in 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Living one day at a time can certainly help some people to live in the moment a bit more @outlaw666. Do you have any tips on how to live more in the moment?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I enjoyed reading this and like the sense of humour.

Yes it is great that you don't let being disabled get in the way of your passion. Who needs a partner when you have a great passion like that.

I have a family member who loved bikes. He broke his leg in a motorcycle accident and continued to ride bikes with his leg in a cast.

What bikes do you have?
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    i am now at an age where i understand the absurdity of life 
    That’s a start anyway.

I'm at an age when I recognise the interconnectedness of all life, quite amazing ? 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• outlaw666
    Options
     interconnectedness...that is Absurd . . 

• outlaw666
    Options
    Living one day at a time can certainly help some people to live in the moment a bit more @outlaw666. Do you have any tips on how to live more in the moment?
    I dont really know, stop overthinking about things works for me,  not dwelling in the past. and realising there is no real  meaning  to our lives ...(its too hard a question for me i think , everybody's disability and pain and past is individual and so very  different,  and not for me to "give tips" . sorry.  
  • outlaw666
    Options
    66Mustang said:

Yes it is great that you don't let being disabled get in the way of your passion. Who needs a partner when you have a great passion like that.

I have a family member who loved bikes. He broke his leg in a motorcycle accident and continued to ride bikes with his leg in a cast.

What bikes do you have?
    66Mustang said:

What bikes do you have?
    ooh i dont know, ...the passion is better with a partner holding onto you  and arms holding onto you as you ride down empty city streets, feeling every breath against your back and only thinking of how you are falling in love. ....i wish . 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's great to see that you don't let your disability stop you doing what you want life is for liveing I don't let my disability stop me either I always find a way to do things might not be the Same as others but it's my way and it works 

Brightness