PTSD, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, bowel acid malabsorption, cluster headaches- can I get PIP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PTSD, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, bowel acid malabsorption, cluster headaches- can I get PIP?

jueb
jueb Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I suffer with, PTSD following death of daughter, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, bowel acid malabsorption, cluster headaches.  I have just received my PIP form, does anybody have an idea if I will be entitled to it, and ant tips on filling it in

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Your not entitled just because you have those conditions because PIP is not awarded purely on that basis. 

You need to explain how your day to day life is impacted in relation to the PIP descriptors. 

For each descriptor you need to be giving two real life examples of what happened last time you attempted that task and explain in detail what the outcome was. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Have a look at this
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/56365/pip-form-filling#latest

Make sure you understand how PIP is assessed and scored
    https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-independence-payment-pip/pip-points-system

Whether or not you will be entitled depends on how your health conditions affect your ability to do the prescribed activities to the required standard.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @jueb :) How are you doing?

As the others have said, PIP is about how your conditions affect you, rather than the diagnoses themselves. I'd definitely encourage you to take a look through the PIP descriptors linked above, and see whether you might be able to score any points in those areas. Please do give them a read and let us know if you have any further questions.

I'm sorry to hear about the death of your daughter, and everything else you have going on. Are you receiving any support for your mental health at the moment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.