PTSD, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, bowel acid malabsorption, cluster headaches- can I get PIP? — Scope | Disability forum

PTSD, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, bowel acid malabsorption, cluster headaches- can I get PIP?

jueb Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 9 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I suffer with, PTSD following death of daughter, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, bowel acid malabsorption, cluster headaches.  I have just received my PIP form, does anybody have an idea if I will be entitled to it, and ant tips on filling it in


  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Member Posts: 2,021 Pioneering
    Your not entitled just because you have those conditions because PIP is not awarded purely on that basis. 

    You need to explain how your day to day life is impacted in relation to the PIP descriptors. 

    For each descriptor you need to be giving two real life examples of what happened last time you attempted that task and explain in detail what the outcome was. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 3,394 Disability Gamechanger
    Have a look at this

    Make sure you understand how PIP is assessed and scored

    Whether or not you will be entitled depends on how your health conditions affect your ability to do the prescribed activities to the required standard.

    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Posts: 6,662

    Scope community team

    Welcome to the community @jueb :) How are you doing?

    As the others have said, PIP is about how your conditions affect you, rather than the diagnoses themselves. I'd definitely encourage you to take a look through the PIP descriptors linked above, and see whether you might be able to score any points in those areas. Please do give them a read and let us know if you have any further questions.

    I'm sorry to hear about the death of your daughter, and everything else you have going on. Are you receiving any support for your mental health at the moment? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Want to tell us how we're doing? Complete our feedback form now.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.