someone smashed my phone will they be dealt with? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

someone smashed my phone will they be dealt with?

2»

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    kami24 said:
    so someone just gets away with grabbing someones mobile and smashing it
    Yes...because you can't prove what happened, it'll just be your word against hers.  If the police visit her, she'll give a statement that makes it seem like you were at fault.  

On top of that, she already knows she can get away with stealing money for puppies that she isn't selling...and is probably known to the law anyway.

Sadly this is a case of 'Buyer Beware'...  :(
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    no because she smashed my phone with people looking in the street and also it was recording before she smashed it so might be on my sim still also so buyer beware is a load of rubbish sorry 
  • kami24
    also i put her in the papers locally to shame her because she did that to my mum who is disabled 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    The phone recording will only show part of the story...she can easily say you wound her up before filming, still your word against hers. 

Did anyone watching in the street provide a witness statement to the police?  Ideally someone that doesn't know either of you to be impartial.

The fact you've confronted her, threatened her and put her in the papers does put you on the back foot in this situation I'm afraid.
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,411 Disability Gamechanger
         Everyone is trying to give you advise and you are just being defensive, we cannot help you personally as we weren't witness to what happened .It isn't right what she did and I would be upset if it happened to me. Try not to be so dismissive of the comments people are giving you, it's all that can be done on a forum. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I doubt the papers would even publish the story they have to protect against libel and they could be sued by other party 

They will only publish if it is a proven case and not just on your account 

Also not many people read newspapers anymore 

It isn't fair to you bit just one of life's many challenges you have to deal with 

I would pursue the issue with the selling of the puppies more than your phone 
  • kami24
    its already in the paper
  • kami24
    why is saying its my faukt when none of you know and anyone else on this forum you would have sympathy for . she smashed my phone when i asked politely for my 170 back so i will take her to court and shes a nasty piece of work im not and have no record like her 
  • kami24
    i am defensive because no one else will defend me and people like you above is why the system is flawed anyway because you take the criminals side over the victims 
  • kami24
    also newspaper is also online , i live in a small town and so lots read it actually
  • kami24
    he fact you've confronted her, threatened her and put her in the papers does put you on the back foot in this situation I'm afraid.- i didnt threaten her  and i was asking for advice not criticism if you have nothing nice to say why put it do you know her and think shes amazing or something then why say im in the wrong and the one threatening 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    My apologies 

As others say we are only trying to help nobody thinks you are not the victim its just that little can be done on your behalf wrong as that maybe its just that's the situation 

Whatever we say is upsetting you so no further comments from me
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Everyone has been helpful and told you how it will work. We can’t do anything about your phone or condone what she did but we are advising what the likely outcome will be. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kami24,

I've now closed your thread, as it seems the discussion has unfortunately run its course. I think you've been given as much advice as we're able to give, and I'd encourage you to get in touch with an organisation such as Citizens Advice if you'd like further expert advice on this matter.

As stated in our house rules:
    We want our community to be a safe and supportive place.

Please make sure your messages respect others’ views and suggestions, even if you do not agree with them. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness