Free dating sites - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Free dating sites

Options

Comments

• gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    Options
    Guessing im  old fashioned!,

What is Free? 
  • innocent21
    innocent21 Posts: 35 Connected
    edited June 2021
    Options
    It should be common knowledge that paid dating websites charge you to read messages and send messages, like match.com, cupid media, dating factory and eharmony. Tagged doesn't do that. Read my message again.
  • gaz1960
    Options
    Its not "common knowledge ",but its just excepted that dating sites that state "free"  will actually be free! 

The word "free" , is the common denominator! 

It means,. ...

:free:
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hmmm.... would also be interested to see if @innocent21 yet again will back up their opinions with factual evidence.
  • innocent21
    edited June 2021
    Options
    potentially libel
    LOL

I can't be given a cease and desist or be sued for defamation for anything I've said on this thread about google, because I know how the british defamation laws work. ;)

You can't defame a black box algorithm. I could say that adverts on facebook shows children alcohol and vaping adverts and even if it wasn't true, it wouldn't legally be classed as defamation under british law as I could just say it happened algorithmically without human intervention or manual placement. Also under british law, for something to be legally classed as defamation, not only does the speaker have to knowingly or have reasonable suspicion that the statement is false, there ALSO has to be an expectation of damaged reputation from the statement. Google's reputation is not going to be damaged from my statement.

All the 4 sources you mentioned speak about teaching webmasters how to commit whitehat SEO that google specifically teaches webmasters to do on its various blogs and developer documentation. What I was talking about was blackhat SEO which is deceptive methods of cheating yourself to the first page on google search results which would break google webmaster guidelines and run the risk of getting your website banned (or demoted) from google search if you're caught. But just because google prohibits blackhat SEO doesn't stop people from doing it.

Search quality lead Matt Cutts once said that Google search uses 500 factors to decide how to rank websites and that they don't disclose most of them. You are making the assumption that google would be honest and upfront about each of the (500) factors used for ranking search results. One article you mentioned refers to negative reviews that google deleted. What about the fake negative reviews that slips through the net that google doesn't delete?

However if you insist I can find a source.

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh gosh there is always some sort of disagreement going on I thought it was meant to be a dating online question 

It makes people not want to be on here and causes people stress  and anxiety I thought it was suposed to be a friendly supportive community  ???
  • innocent21
    edited June 2021
    Options
    1) You didn’t notice the deadpan humour in my previous message
    2) I didn’t defame or libel  anyone
    3) Accusing someone of defamation or libel is a SERIOUS allegation. I am
    entitled to defend myself against accusations of this.
    4 I provided a source to backup my claim 
    5) I can provide additional sources if you want.
    6) I did not make the assertion about google search out of thin air.
    7) Ad absurdium is a logical
    fallacy which serves as a distraction to derail the topic and avoid dealing with opposing arguments . To make arguments which are absurd, exaggerate and conflate 2 unrelated things to ask if we can all break the forum rules because you think libel or defamation is allowed to tolerated on this forum, is a flawed and absurd argument, most likely dishonest, because it can be reasonably proven that I did not intentionally or inadvertently commit libel or slander - even after I provided a source. You have misrepresented rationality and civil order to make such an argument.
    2 again) I didn’t defame or libel anyone 
  • gaz1960
    Options
    Oh, the weather outside is frightful
    But the fire is so delightful
    And since we've no place to go
    Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
    Man it doesn't show signs of stoppin'
    And I brought me some corn for poppin'
    The lights are turned way down low
    Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
    When we finally kiss good-night
    How I'll hate going out in the storm
    But if you really hold me tight
    All the way home I'll be warm
    And the fire is slowly dying
    And, my dear, we're still good-bye-ing
    But as long as you'd love me so
    Let it snow, let it snow, and snow
    When we finally ....

Cold? 

Hey,everyone has an opinion! 

Nobody is infallible! 

But,maybe no right or wrong? 

Maybe agree to disagree? Talking is easy! 

But still manage to help and support each other! 

Just my opinion! 

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Mike the more it's on the forum telling other people off shouldn't that be down to scope to do that sometimes at a loss when on here 

As everyone says we can have opinions but can't put opinions as fact which is right 

But if there are all these breaches why aren't scope moderators intervening in the breaches 

This is why I said it doesn't always feel like a welcoming  forum  if people keep disagreeing why can't we just report what we think is wrong and move on instead of carrying it on so everything escalates 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hi everyone,

It’s correct that backing up opinions with reliable sources is important to the smooth running of our community. Members often turn to us for help in crises and to further disadvantage them (and those reading) with improper information would be doubly harmful. With that said, please evaluate your sources before sharing to check they are recent, not biased and backed by reputable experts/professionals in that field. Here’s a link to our house rules that emphasise this, saying: ‘Share reputable sources of information’.

Although this is something we ask for, we also understand that not everyone is familiar or confident with finding credible sources; indeed, I’ll be honest, I wasn’t myself until I went to university. Bearing this in mind, instances will arise where opinions are shared with the best of intentions but backed by no references or untrustworthy ones at that. When this occurs, please refrain from replying in frustration and inform the community team via the report function so we can intervene appropriately. This does not mean that repeated breaches of the house rules will be tolerated but is a reminder of the diverse community we have and the need to not ‘shoot from the hip’ and potentially derail threads further.

As has been said already, us moderators are human and with competing workload priorities, can miss situations requiring our attention. Therefore, your reports are vital to us keeping the community a safe, friendly space and we thank each of you who takes the time to send them in.

Returning to the OP: does anyone else have suggestions for free dating sites? I met my husband in the good old days of AOL chat – does anyone remember that? Ha!

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I was on something similar to AOL  there were three or four chat rooms one for girls one for boys one for mixed and one for just friends that was free but that was years ago lol ?
  • gaz1960
    Options
     Cher_scope ,as stated ,mods arec only Human, and cant be everywhere at once,the mods have a busy time,including their own time away from the site,which,I'm sure,whatever time they can give to the site, is much appreciated! It must be a huge task! 

So,back on track? 

Original poster, asked about "completely free" dating sites. 

A lot of sites say free,but its "free" to set up an account, but have to pay to actually send messages, or contact anyone! 

As for good or bad sites! 

That depends upon an individual person's point of view,or "opinion"! 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion! 

It might not be the same opinion as another person, but its still a valid opinion, an opinion,based on each individual  person's opinion, and experience of any idea ,or experience, is a "personal " opinion,which,every person,in a democratic society is entitled too,even on a forum,based of personal choice, and experiences! 

"Personally", it seems all dating sites are ****,because i have never met anyone, but,other people have,so different "personal" opinions,because, other people have! 

But its just my personal "opinion",which,i am entitled too,just as anyone else is! 

Actually had an update email today,from a "free" site! 

Hhhmmmm....

So,.......baby boomers, but looking for guys 30 plus! Same people,same photos, but different profile! :) 

Get a life! Lol :) 

• gaz1960
    Options
    Oops,deepest apologies if i come across as ,"boring" ! ;) 
  • gaz1960
    Options
    Greatest hits radio ,dating,"sayditto". 

Not "free" 

Ads cookies! To "partners,other advertising sites"! Omg! Might as well just give your driving license of passport, oops,that's the latest stuff to give the  NHS app! Lol :wink:

Free to "browse" once you sacrifice your data,and sacrifice everything! 

Hhhhmmmm,....might be safer,and easier to just sit on a park bench, with a big notice,saying "free to a good home,house trained",well.......almost..! Lol :) 
  • svelpeeeette
    svelpeeeette Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    IMO, the best response for online dating sites is either pay good money for a decent online matchmaking service or don't bother at all. 
    Best Dating Site - https://hespac.com/datingus.htm I met my soul mate on here two years ago.. we have just had our first baby together and life couldn't be any better.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you had much success using online dating sites @svelpeeeette?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I met my husband on match.com.  It's the most populous site so a fair chance of meeting someone sooner or later.  Match.com is a paid subscription site.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I met my bf online on Facebook dating over 3 years ago 
  • Puja
    Puja Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    I have been using the free app called hiki for neurodivergent mostly autistic/adhd/dyspraxic people from around the world you can use it to make friends/date or just post on the feed
    i have made some new ND friends on it which is nice but can’t comment on using it to find romance 🙃 
    My Pronouns are (She/Her & They/Them)

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits. 

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online 💜💛 🎅🏻 💷💸 🍯💻 📱🛒 🛍️ 📦 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you all of you for sharing your experiences. How wonderful  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness