Will my ESA be affected if I take my occupational pension? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will my ESA be affected if I take my occupational pension?

gismo
gismo Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Will my esa be affected if I take my occupational pension 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    For contribution based ESA you will have a reduction of 50% of any pension income over £85/week.

For income based ESA any pension income will be deducted from ESA in full.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gismo

This is a confusing one isn't it but I hope @calcotti has demystified how receiving your pension would affect your ESA.  This Citizens Advice webpage gives more details about ESA and pensions, should you need it.

Just to let you know, I've moved your thread to our ESA category and amended the title to make it easier for others to spot.

Take care and if you have any more questions, please give us a shout.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Regardless of the amount you should inform ESA that you are getting a pension and how much per week/month it is.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.