I closed my UC claim. I was due a payment tomorrow- will I still get it? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I closed my UC claim. I was due a payment tomorrow- will I still get it?

gg55
gg55 Community member Posts: 42 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi can anyone help I closed my universal credit claim I was due for a payment tomorrow will I still get my payment tomorrow thank you.

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    When did you close it?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • gg55
    I closed it on the 9th 
  • calcotti
    edited June 2021
    If you are due payment on 14th then your assessment period is 8th to 7th. As you closed on 9th that was after yourAP so you should still get a payment tomorrow (if one is due).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • gg55
    Ok as I got my statement to tell me how much I was getting then closed my account after that so I'm unsure
  • calcotti
    gg55 said:
    Ok as I got my statement to tell me how much I was getting then closed my account after that so I'm unsure
    You will get paid.
  • gg55
    Ok thank you very much then
  • gg55
    I meant to say I had to restart my new claim so will that matter or will I still get my payment for my old claim 
  • calcotti
    gg55 said:
    I meant to say I had to restart my new claim so will that matter or will I still get my payment for my old claim 
    If you have had a payment statement you should get the payment.
    Why did you have to restart a claim?
  • gg55
    As I lost my job 
  • calcotti
    gg55 said:
    As I lost my job 
    So when you say you stopped and restarted your claim do you actually mean that you reported a change of circumstances (loss of employment). UC is designed to cope with change. The claim remains continuous.
  • gg55
    No I stopped my claim as was going to be earning too much money so didn't think I would need it 
  • gg55
    Thank you for all your help appreciated 
  • calcotti
    edited June 2021
    gg55 said:
    No I stopped my claim as was going to be earning too much money so didn't think I would need it 
    In future be aware that you do not need to stop a claim as your earnings increase. Because your UC is calculated every month, if you are earning 'too much' you will simply get no UC payment. Normally if nothing is payable UC will close the claim themselves. If this doesn't happen immediately it will happen after six months. 
  • gg55
    Ok thank you very much 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.