Gratitude/positivity list - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Gratitude/positivity list

Options
2»

Comments

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks @Dragonslayer
    I do think if we really try we can find positives it's harder some days than others but you are right some things others take for granted like getting out of bed are an achievement and eating a meal before 11pm lol! It's easy to go through days without even thinking about what we have done rather than what we haven't or haven't yet?
    And no matter what is going on for us someone else is going through worse and harder times unfortunately ? I know people say that but it's true! I was thinking the other day as depressing as it may sound someone somewhere is right this minute dealing with some massive life changing event and comparatively my problems are minor? I know we shouldn't compare ourselves to others etc but all I mean is we are much more capable than we think or believe we are? And the fact we are here able to reach out for support or offer it to others or even share what's going on for us is a big deal too! And I have bad days where I am not able to do these things so when I can I need to spend more time focusing on that! Because its certainly very easy to get sucked into the negative way of seeing things so we need to make it just as easy or easier to focus on the more positive stuff we do somehow :lol:
    Enjoy your holiday ☀️?️?️?
    Thanks hun ??? have a great day peeps and a fantabulous week ??‍♀️??‍♀️? 
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,432 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
       My philosophy is there is always someone worse off than me, I have a debilitating disease that sometimes renders me unable to even lift my head off my pillow but I never wallow in the fact my life will never be the same again. I will not feel sorry for myself, no matter how bad my day is there is always the thought I have a warm comfy home, a beautiful family and I have everything I need. 
        I am very lucky and I always try to focus on that. To me my state of mind helps me get through the bad days knowing that my worse hour is only 60 minutes and things will get better. 
  • Emilyb81
    edited June 2021
    Options
    See now at times I see myself as weak because of having disabilities? Think having depression sort of adds to that whole mindset of not being good enough?
    But actually when you think about it the (Removed, profanity) we have to go through actually makes us stronger?  And when we get past the difficult situation however that's done we are then able to maybe tell someone else who is going through similar things what we did and maybe help them just by letting them know they aren't alone and they don't have to stay stuck in it?
    Thankyou @vikingqueen and thankyou everyone else on this thread!
    Definitely got me thinking about things in a different way and stopped me wallowing in self pity etc ??☀️? have a great week peeps xxx
  • Emilyb81
    Options
    Morning lovely people ???
    Have been absent for a few days and beating myself up for being in a bad place which puts me in a worse place and basically isn't helpful as usual I am my own worst enemy! So I'm here to try and drag my a** out of this pit I end up in! ??‍♀️??‍♀️ ??
    Just want to say this morning I am grateful for strong coffee and biscuits, medicine and for birds as have just spent nearly an hour memorised by them feeding their little ones in the garden/woods outside!
    I can't believe I am 40 years old and until the last few weeks I have never seen fledgling birds!! Never paid attention before maybe? Or was living in town centres before so they weren't as apparent?.... 
    But in the last few weeks I have definitely noticed nature is sooooo helpful for my mental health? It's like meditation watching them all doing their thang!! I've seen baby Robins, starlings (madness lol) great tits, tree sparrows, woodpeckers and even magpies all little version's of their parents although many appear bigger?! It's rather chaotic outside my caravan window at times but still it's flipping awesome to watch them all ??? So I am most grateful for nature today! Have a great weekend peeps ❤️

• kelics
    kelics Community member Posts: 84 Courageous
    Options
    @Emily you  shouldn't be embarrassed of yourself for who you are. If someone is judging you for who you are its their problem not yours.

I get what you mean, some complain about getting up for work in the morning, others struggling just to leave their bed. I had a really tough morning yesterday and was just thinking of that
  • Emilyb81
    Options
    Thankyou @kelics you are right I am so good at taking on other people's stuff as well as being extremely judgemental of myself! It's too much at times but I have zero clue how to stop my mind going instantly to those thoughts? It's a flipping headache! I mean I have enough negativity in my head but I tend to make it worse ??‍♀️??‍♀️ it's such a learning journey is life!
    And I have decided to stop even judging myself for not being a to get up certain days? I mean it's the same as if I am exhausted I put myself down for sleeping too much?? If my body is tired I need sleep end of? But I worry what people will think or say if they know I've gone back to sleep in middle of the day! It's none of their business really and I doubt anyone is that bored to be worrying about my sleep pattern haha but you know what I'm saying? It's ridiculous! I need to just do what I can and what I need to and stop putting so much judgement on everything including meditation etc I'm only making problems worse or creating them to begin with! Take care and have a fab week! ?????
  • kelics
    kelics Community member Posts: 84 Courageous
    Options
    @Emilyb81 absolutely agree with you. You need to stop judging yourself, whatever you are going through health wise isn't your or anyones fault.

There are lots of methods to strengthen your mind and like you said life is a learning journey, you will learn this eventually.

You have a great day,

peace \/

Brightness