Notice payments & carers allowance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Notice payments & carers allowance

KandW
KandW Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
Hi can anyone plz help me?
ive just been made redundant & am awaiting my notice payments as well.
if I claim for carers allowance, will I lose my notice period/money?
thanks in advance. X
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    You will not lose redundancy money if you claim Carer's Allowance. The notice period payments will possibly affect the date from which you can receive Carer's Allowance (I can't remember how it's treated but the rules are quite complex).
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • KandW
    Thanks for ur help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Glad you have an answer to your query 

Sorry you have been made redundant and wish you well for the future 
  • KandW
    Thank u. 
    I also would like to know if my notice period. From work would stop as if u have a job? as 
    My notice payments are more than carers allowance
    Thanks again. X
  • calcotti
    As already advised, claiming CA will not affect your entitlement from your previous job. However the payments from your job may affect the date from which your CA can start.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • KandW
    Thank u again.
    i will apply now. X
  • calcotti
    KandW said:
    Thank u again.
    i will apply now. X
    You will need to provide full details of your payments from your employer and DWP will work out when CA entitlement can start from. Although you are paid in arrears DWP project earnings forward so there may be a gap between when your job ended and the date they say CA can start.
  • KandW
    I have my P45/60 so that’s not a problem & my redundancy details. Just waiting for my notice details.
    thanks again.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.