PIP APPEAL DENIED AT TRIBUNAL- WHAT NOW? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP APPEAL DENIED AT TRIBUNAL- WHAT NOW?

jessierae
jessierae Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi my name is Jessie. In 2015 I was diagnosed with IIH. Intracranial hypertension. I applied for PIP via DWP and was denied. Was also denied with the mandatory reconsideration. It went to a tribunal to appeal and I was further denied. The assessment statement from my face to face assessment with DWP is full of opinions & not facts. There are things that are not true. I’ve outlined these and still no success. I’m wondering what now? The assessor has lied and Fabricated her assessment so much. I have evidence for this also. I just don’t know what my next move is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ❤️

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Assessment reports are meant to be opinions how the assessor thinks you are affected based on what you say and the evidence 

All you can do now is request a statement of reasons from the court and see if there is an error in law and if so appeal 

You really need to get some expert advice and you should contact welfare rights for advice 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jessierae - & welcome to the community. Tribunals know that the assessor's report often contain 'inaccuracies,' so it's your own evidence that has so much more importance. I'm sorry that your appeal wasn't successful, so, as Jane says, you can however ask for the statement of reasons & record of proceedings to see  if an error in law can be found that might alter things. You can check to find some local advice such as a welfare rights office using Advicelocal: https://advicelocal.uk/
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @jessierae :) Do you feel comfortable searching for some expert advice online? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.