PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP APPEAL DENIED AT TRIBUNAL- WHAT NOW?

jessieraejessierae Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 16 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi my name is Jessie. In 2015 I was diagnosed with IIH. Intracranial hypertension. I applied for PIP via DWP and was denied. Was also denied with the mandatory reconsideration. It went to a tribunal to appeal and I was further denied. The assessment statement from my face to face assessment with DWP is full of opinions & not facts. There are things that are not true. I’ve outlined these and still no success. I’m wondering what now? The assessor has lied and Fabricated her assessment so much. I have evidence for this also. I just don’t know what my next move is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ❤️

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Assessment reports are meant to be opinions how the assessor thinks you are affected based on what you say and the evidence 

All you can do now is request a statement of reasons from the court and see if there is an error in law and if so appeal 

You really need to get some expert advice and you should contact welfare rights for advice 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 9,195 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jessierae - & welcome to the community. Tribunals know that the assessor's report often contain 'inaccuracies,' so it's your own evidence that has so much more importance. I'm sorry that your appeal wasn't successful, so, as Jane says, you can however ask for the statement of reasons & record of proceedings to see  if an error in law can be found that might alter things. You can check to find some local advice such as a welfare rights office using Advicelocal: https://advicelocal.uk/
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,628 Disability Gamechanger
    jessierae said:
    The assessment statement from my face to face assessment with DWP is full of opinions & not facts. There are things that are not true. I’ve outlined these and still no success. I’m wondering what now? The assessor has lied and Fabricated her assessment so much. I have evidence for this also. I just don’t know what my next move is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ❤️
    Nice summary of why you may have lost there. Ultimately the view of the HCP is largely disregarded by tribunals as just one piece of relatively poor evidence. If that’s been your focus then you will generally lose as you can’t usually win by attacking a HCP report. You need to have strong evidence of your own as already stated vu @chiarieds and you really do now need advice. 

• Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 5,038

Scope community team

Welcome to the community @jessierae :) Do you feel comfortable searching for some expert advice online? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.