Should I Be Forthright — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Should I Be Forthright

oldngrumpy
oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 216 Pioneering
Hello Folks

The last time I asked for some advice on this forum re PIP. I received some spiteful comments. I hope this won't happen this time!

My official date of PIP renewal was last November. But because of Covid it was extended to January 022.
I am presuming DWP will ask me around October/November reapply for the benefit.
I have over lockdown one, to the present, been making notes on what the difficulties are with my disability. Once I am asked by DWP for reapplication it should be fairly easy as I have already done the leg work.
On my present award I did not get full PIP for mobility. I was one point off this full award.
The assessor (Capita) lied about several points on my abilities. I have been denied hundreds/thousands of benefit. 
I am extremely bitter!

Over the years I have learnt to bite my tongue to the extent a bit too much. This holding back. Makes me frustrated/anxious I need to have my say...

I have prepared a introduction to my PIP notes. 

** Before I go any further can I explain I don't fill in the form they send. I write an essay on my diificulties/problems **

Back to me speaking my mind. I have already
said what I need to say with my present award. The manner of the assessor that came to my house. Calling me in print a liar (All Lies)

I will threaten them with the sentence saying 
If I do not get this time the full award I will go through MR and if need be go to tribunal.
I am not going to allow DWP/Capita to make me go through hardship again.

I will also say what I need about the assessor.
Short changing me with her lies/corruption 
Do you think me being frank with them will affect my new application? 

I also have compared my disability with a certain neighbour who get full award.
I know this because of Motability car
They have built three professional quality sheds. Laying roofing felt. Working on this roof on his knees. Walking on this roof with no problems. Back to terra firma. He's hobbling. Walking with a limp.
I am possibly a good twenty years younger than this neighbour and even if I had the ability to lift wood, climb onto a roof. It would kill me! But nothing seems to affect him.

I do not trust DWP or Capita!

Me speaking my mind, do you think this may hinder any application?

Thank you folks

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,713 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @oldngrumpy sorry you had a horrible assor that lied. I don't think writing that sentence on the forms will be helpful, if things don't go your way after the award then then challenge it and if needed go to appeal.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Going through your last review will not do anything to enhance your claim and I would suggest youvwouod be better leaving it well alone 

You need to concentrate on the new review and how you are now that's all 

If you got awarded your current by dwp they will send our review forms about 6 months b4 it is due to end . But as you have extension they can just send them anytime 

It also isn't wise to compare yourself to others as you don't know the full extent of their disability as some are not physical 

I hope you take this in the manner it is intended just trying to help you
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    Just because an award has been extended due to covid doesn't mean that the review won't take place before that date, it could come at anytime.
    The best way to go about a review is to treat it like a new application and not referring to your previous experience, I have to say that just because you don't agree with the assessor doesn't mean that they have lied.
    As for not filling out the form that will serve no purpose, but you can add additional information.
    And you should never compare yourself with other people, my disability is what you might term a hidden one but I still got enhanced mobility and just missed enhance care by 1 point.

As @janer1967 said this is intended to help you and I hope you see it that way.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    ..I will threaten them with the sentence saying 
    If I do not get this time the full award I will go through MR and if need be go to tribunal.
    I am not going to allow DWP/Capita to make me go through hardship again.

I will also say what I need about the assessor.
    Short changing me with her lies/corruption 
    Do you think me being frank with them will affect my new application? 
    None of this will help a new claim.
    If you were unhappy you could have complained at the time.
    When you renew you simply have to set out the difficulties you have carried out the prescribed activities to the required standard the majority of the time.
    If you don't get the result you think is right you can go through MR and, if necessary, appeal. 'Threatening' that you will do this means nothing - they know you are entitled to if you wish to.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • oldngrumpy
    oldngrumpy Scope Member Posts: 216 Pioneering
    Thank you for your honest and forthright answer.
    I shall keep my mouth shut
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for your honest and forthright answer.
    I shall keep my mouth shut
    @oldngrumpy I suppose it all comes down to attitude, and a positive attitude never hinders imho.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @oldngrumpy Good luck with your PIP review when it comes around.  You've been given some great, frank advice by our members that will hold you in good stead and although I appreciate negative memories of past experiences can lead to harbouring frustration, it's important to focus on the best approach to getting you the deserved award this time around.  

If you have any more questions, please do ask.  Take care and keep us posted :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.