Hi, my name is Mary1972! Does anyone know about PIP? I applied in Jan 2021 and haven't heard back — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Mary1972! Does anyone know about PIP? I applied in Jan 2021 and haven't heard back

Mary1972
Mary1972 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi
Just wondering the if anyone knows about PIp, I applied in Jan 2021, haven't had anything back but know they have my completed form. I feel so anxious as its been such a long wait

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

You are not alone other members have said they applied in November and Dec but still waiting for an  assessment 

Depends on area and backlogs

Some people ring up to ask and get lucky and get a cancellation 

• Mary1972
    Thank you for getting back to me, I totally understand the backlog and I guess I just have to wait and hear but I can't help thinking  I have I missed the letter,  constantly chevk emails or Im I not going to get it...that my anxiety 
    Thank you
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mary1972 - & welcome to the community. As Jane says, unfortunately some people are waiting quite a long time before they get a date for an assessment. Kindly let us know how you get on, & good luck. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Mary1972 :) It can certainly be an anxious wait for many people, but hang in there. 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our PIP category and renamed it slightly so that it's easier for other members to find.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • grovehead
    grovehead Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I applied in Feb and just received my pip decision and backpay going in Friday 
  • Mary1972
    That is great news, did you have an assessment over the phone?
  • karen1812
    karen1812 Community member Posts: 60 Connected
    I completed a pip form late March had a phone call out the blue 8th June I think it was an assessment,  asked me lots of questions and she was really helpful saying think about my husbands worse day's.  She then said we should hear something in about 3/4 weeks and they might review brian again in another 12/18 months so not sure if we have been awarded PIP
  • Neryspowles
    Neryspowles Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I have been waiting over 9 weeks for the decision regarding my p.i.p assessment and it is making me feel anxious and worried do you know how long it will take please 
  • Mary1972
    Im on week 21 since my form went in, I think its a waiting game, its in mt head everyday but have got used to the fact it will be a long time before you hear back. Some people are waiting between 6 to 8 months for the assessment 
  • xjamesx
    xjamesx Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Hi Mary, I applied on 18th January, and still not heard anything yet just a nightmare the waiting game
  • EKB2013
    EKB2013 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Hi Mary 
    I applied back in the middle of January and received a cal out of the blue last Friday from assessor. I was only on the phone for 15 minutes and she was very nice ? 
    hooing I don’t have to wait another 2 months but who knows really!!
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    There is just a lot of backlogs at the moment which is evident from people posting on here. 

People waiting for assessments that applied in November and December are just seeming to get their assessments now. 

The assessor who said a decision would be made in 3/4 weeks time should not be saying that. It’s highly unlikely as they don’t know the workload of the case managers. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Mary1972

I'm sorry to hear you still haven't heard anything.  As you can see from other members' responses, you aren't alone and delays are being experienced by lots of people across the country too  :(  I do hope it isn't long for you now, and you too @xjamesx

@EKB2013 I'm glad you had a smooth assessment and have my fingers crossed for the outcome, please let us know how you get on.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Mary1972
    EKB2013 said:
    Hi Mary 
    I applied back in the middle of January and received a cal out of the blue last Friday from assessor. I was only on the phone for 15 minutes and she was very nice ? 
    hooing I don’t have to wait another 2 months but who knows really!!
    That is good news, I hope its sorted quickly too for you. I'm expecting the same a call without any warning.  Not sure whats worse knowing a date for the call or just getting it out of the blue 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community Mary.

I wish you the very best @Mary1972, I hope it goes well and make sure you keep us updated :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It isn't normal to get a call without warning 

If you di they have done a paper based assessment and are just asking few things to clarify 

A full assessment will be arranged and you will be given notice of the date and time 
  • EKB2013
    EKB2013 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    janer1967 said:
    It isn't normal to get a call without warning 

If you di they have done a paper based assessment and are just asking few things to clarify 

A full assessment will be arranged and you will be given notice of the date and time 
    Hi
    yes I assumed I must have had a paper based assessment as she only asked a couple of questions and I was not on the phone for long.
  • Mary1972
    Just a quick update, its now been 22 weeks today from the start of my claim. I rang the assessment centre 3 days ago and got told my claim had been progressed up to - awaiting a assessment date....
    I asked if I could be considered for a cancellation but non were available.  Hopefully it won't be too much longer for the assessment date.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update @Mary1972, yes hopefully not much longer.
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Mary1972
    Just an update on my new PIP claim for anyone wondering about waiting times - North East area.  Filled in paperwork in January and I'm having a telephone assessment on 19th July 2021 some 25 weeks after my first call to DWP. A little nervous for the call but happy to be eventually getting my assessment and hoping to hold it together so I can explain my daily struggles

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.