REALLY CONFUSED PIP REPORT PLEASE HELP ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

REALLY CONFUSED PIP REPORT PLEASE HELP ?

em444
em444 Community member Posts: 103 Connected
Morning  All
Sincerely hope your all well 
I've not slept, as  ive got my 1st CBT session today,  and very Anxious  !
So, my main concern is my PIP Report. I have not had a decision as yet, but I asked for a copy.

I did have someone answer, very kindly, but then I forgot to add to my question.
So, just to add, on Report, the Capita Nurse, has ticked every Description box, A
Then written underneath,  reasons why. Shes written what I said on questionnaire, and then her version.

Also, rt at the end of the report, 
She's ticked NA box for Mobility likely to remain for.

Ticked box, based on evidence I consider  there to be no requirement, 
to arrange a review of this claim, as significant change is unlikely 

No review would be appropriate 

Lastly, shes ticked box for 
The claimant has a mental or cognitive impairment, and may need help in future claims
Sorry everyone, but needed to be as clear as possible. If anyone has experienced the same. 
I'd be grateful of any advice please 
Thanks In advance 
EM444

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    I am not clear what advice you are asking for.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • em444
    I'm just trying to find out, why she ticked all A descriptor boxes, and why no review date ? Thank you 
  • em444
    It comes across as she doesn't think, I have a claim. Unless I'm over thinking it. Sorry,  I have GAD 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    I can’t recall what the A descriptor boxes are.

I think no review means that she is recommending that any award is an ongoing award.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • em444
    Sorry, the A box, means, can do unaided. But In report, she's put I need support, in certain areas. Very confusing  ! Apologies if I came across bit abruptly, I  just really anxious at moment 
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @em444

Good morning.

I have had a look at all of your posts, to try and get a better understanding of your situation.

You report you have physical issues due to musculoskeletal problems and mental health difficulties.

In deed you have your first session of CBT today, I am sure you will find it of great value.

You have recently undertaken a WCA assessment and as a result you were deemed to have Limited Capability for Work Related Activity (LCWRA).

This would not fit with your PIP assessment report and not being awarded any points for each activity.  By way of example if the assessor has observed that you need assistance in an activity, that would lead to points being awarded.

Have you got someone to assist you in reviewing the assessment report, particular the last few pages, which sets out in detail, the points awarded for each descriptor.

You also mention that you have been notified that you have been given an on going award, which will be reviewed in 10 years. This means you have been awarded PIP, as there would be no need to review a non award, I hope this makes sense.

You also flagged that the assessor ticked the box, to inform the DWP should be aware that you will need assistance in future dealings with them, because of Connective Impairment.

This is a very supportive gesture by the assessor, who rightly identifies you as requiring future assistance.

Let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Best wishes
  • em444
    Good Morning 

Thank you for taking the time, to reply in such detail. I appreciate that very much.

The only thing I still have difficulty with, Is where you mention. I have been notified,  that I have been accepted given an On going Award. 
    I haven't had a decision as yet, It was because of what she had ticked, and written. No review etc
    I wasn't absolutely sure, of what It meant. 
    Please forgive me for sounding abrupt at all, I've no Idea how these are awarded.
    Obviously,  I will have to wait for a result, I just feel so anxious.
    If its a No, thats ok, I'll try and appeal.

Thanks again, for your help. Very kind

• atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @em444

Don’t worry, we all understand that going through the PIP process, causes stress and worries.

We have all been there at one time or another.

The ongoing award, will be made from the assessor’s report, by a DM at the DWP.

You have been recommended for an award, it’s taking about eight weeks to get the award letter out, keep an eye on your bank account, more often than not, money goes in before you receive the Award letter.

Let us know how you get on with your CBT session.

Best wishes
  • em444
    Right, bit clearer now, sorry, never been hood understanding it all ! 
    It doesn't go In at first
    when reading it.
    So thanks again for your help, and I'll let you know with cbt.

Kind Regards Em 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @em444 Hello there, I just wanted to wish you lots of luck for your CBT appointment.  I hope you find it therapeutic and helpful in giving you coping strategies to better deal with your anxiety. 

If you have any more PIP-related questions, or need help after you get your decision letter, then just give us a shout  :)

Take care and hope to speak again soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.