DWP had no knowledge of my completed PIP assessment, what's happened? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP had no knowledge of my completed PIP assessment, what's happened?

eleanor95
eleanor95 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I applied for pip on 2nd February and had my assessment on the 19th may phoned today because I hadn't heard anything since the assessment and basically got told they hadn't heard I had my assessment and he said he would get case manager on to it to work out what's going on and should he within the next 4 weeks .. I'm just wondering if anybody else has gone through this? And did they hear back within 4 weeks ? and am I right for worrying now 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

You may find your assessment report has been sent to audit which causes delays 

It is nothing to worry about it is a random check on quality of assessors and not you 

This may not be the case but is a possibility 
  • eleanor95
    @janer1967 heya I got contacted by pip this morning asking me to contact capita and when I phoned capita they inform me that my claim is in audit what does that mean from now then ? 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Hi @eleanor95

This government 'PIP assessment guide' webpage outlines more about audits from point 3.4 onwards, saying they take place to assess the quality of the assessors (health care professionals) advice to ensure it:
    ...complies with the required standards and that it is clear and medically reasonable. [Audits] also provide... assurance that any approach to assessment and opinion given is consistent so that, irrespective of where or by whom the assessment is carried out, claimants with conditions that have the same functional effect will ultimately receive the same benefit outcome.
    There's nothing at all for you to worry about here, but you might experience some delay in receiving a decision while the process is carried out.  

I hope you've found some comfort in knowing what's happening and now it's just a case of waiting I'm afraid.  Good luck :) 

Just to let you know, I've tweaked the title of your thread to help our other members spot your question.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    It just means the report is going through an audit process. To check it was completed the way it should have been and to the required standards. It’s nothing to worry about because it’s to do with if the assessor is completing their reports to the required standard. 

There’s nothing you can do, it will just take as long as it will take and if you provided a mobile telephone number when you applied you should get a text message when the DWP receives the report. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad my guess was right 

As all have said the only impact for you is a delay 

Once audit 8s complete it will go to dwp and to a decision maker to decide your outcome you will then be notified by letter of the decision 
  • eleanor95
    So once it's with DWP will it be the same them up to 8 weeks before I get decision? 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Yes once the DWP receive it, a decision maker will be allocated and a decision can take up to 8 weeks. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.