Any advice on what questions are asked during assesment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any advice on what questions are asked during assesment?

Sammiecat75
Sammiecat75 Community member Posts: 61 Connected
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all
I have my phone assesment on the 17th june at 2pm

Hopefuly this will get things moving.aby advice please on what questions are asked.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sammiecat75 - I've just replied to someone asking the same question, so am pasting it here as links aren't working well at the moment.
    They will go through much of what you wrote in your initial PIP claim form, so it's an idea to look through that again, asking questions to determine how your disability impacts on your everyday life as regards certain activities/descriptors. Please see: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Personal-Independence-Payment-Descriptors-and-Scores-April-2021.pdf
    If you hadn't given a couple of recent, detailed answers in your claim form, try to do so now, e.g. when did it happen, why, what exactly happened, did anyone witness it, & were there any consequences after attempting/doing each applicable descriptor?
    Also if you can't do an activity 'reliably' it's important to say so. This means can you do it safely, to an acceptable standard, as often as you'd like, & does it take you longer than someone without your disability?
    You might be asked what may appear random questions, such as do you drive, do you have a pet, have you been on holiday? However these can cover several activities, so don't let them throw you, just answer honestly.

• Sammiecat75
    Thankyou very much..well answer if they do..i have 2 cats i do drive but not now..i will take my time and answer truthfully i dont have my original forms i filled in.
    Been so long i have waited.update once my assesment completed
  • ambo37
    ambo37 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    I had mine today it was quite intrusive which i expected but the lady kept trying to trip me up it was quite draining 
  • Sammiecat75
    ambo37 said:
    I had mine today it was quite intrusive which i expected but the lady kept trying to trip me up it was quite draining

• Sammiecat75
    They called me today from a 020 number it rang several.times so i answered i was cheeky cos usualy those calls are some one trying selling..he said it was to confirm my app tomoro sorry to have bothered me..its either hanah or sarah..
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck for today @Sammiecat75 :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • ambo37
    They ask do you drive be careful the way you answer because she kept backtracking and saying i thought you couldn't do that and so on they ask can you look after pets she had someone listening in aswell because she was getting audited the man said he was nuce at the end he said i wish you lots of luck and hope you get some help in the future the woman was really snotty
  • ambo37
  • Sammiecat75
    Thanks guys will update on how i get on..here goes.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Keeping everything crossed @Sammiecat75
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
  • Sammiecat75
    Well people that was the most horendous and embarrasing thing ever..not syppathetic wot so ever very degrading also ..and upset 
  • ambo37
    @Sammiecat75 i felt the very same mine was yesterday i sobbed for a couple of hours afterwards 
  • Sammiecat75
    Basicaly its a writing thing for them they dont see how you cope on a daily basis one point i felt myself getting angry and frustrated..not interested in your mental health..why have u not seeked help with it..seriously when you have a pandemic..when u find ur partner dead on a floor and try and do cpr on him when u get told its unexplained death when u need to.sit wirh a dead body for four hours untill the body gets taken away..i have asked for help with my gp to.be told u need to.seek it urself 
    I could go on amd on..when u cant walk due to major surgery ..so do u cook do u shower do u go out..no.i bloody dont..im sorry but i would rather just curl up and forget all this..i have worked all my days and this has all happened to.me..do you know what im just going to forget it all now..how dare these people judge me then to be told u will need to wat 8 weeks for a decision..
    Well from nov last year its a joke..so sorry about the rant people ..i have given up x
  • ambo37
    @Sammiecat75 i have quite a lot of the same things as you u wont go into it but same i have worked all my life i felt myself getting quite angy aswell and felt like saying shove it..its so wrong being made to feel like that questions like your lying and non sympathy its all wrong 
  • Sammiecat75
    Its so degrading..i was really upset they are not interested its a tick sheet for them.honestly i dont want to relive what i have been going through but when u physicaly cant work and just bit of extra help..its so wrong so deflated after all that.
    Maybe being honest is the wrong thing.

• ambo37
    Just wait and see what happens you dont know till you get a decision i am of the same opinion as you there was an auditor listening in on mine he was nice at the end of my assessment he said i hope you get some help soon where's the woman assessor was really blunt and horrid
  • Sammiecat75
    Mines was sanadin or somthing..never got told i was being audited..it was a disgrace how it went..im thinking now 8 more weeks thats going to be august sept time before i hear anything..that will be nearly 9 months..u could be dead and buried by that time.
    Anyways im going to put it out my head now 
  • ambo37
    Yes having looked at a lot of threads on here they normally only take a couple of weeks but your right put it put of your head good luck anyway 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry you felt so bad after your assessment @Sammiecat75. As you've said, try and put it out of your head for the time being and see what you get awarded. If it's not the result you're hoping for, I'd definitely encourage you to submit a mandatory reconsideration. I know it can feel a bit overwhelming, but it's worth doing if you're confident you deserve more points on the descriptors. 
    .i have asked for help with my gp to.be told u need to.seek it urself
    What kind of support were you asking for? Mental health support? It does sound as though you could benefit from talking things through with someone, due to the traumatic experiences you've been through recently. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.