Just saying Hi — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just saying Hi

Options
Mikka
Mikka Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi guys

Well, I took the plunge after many years of wondering whether to join one of these online thingies!

Had an accident and had above-knee amputation. Haven't been able to tolerate a prosthesis due to damn phantom pain that drives me insane! Been on high dose morphine for 12 years and currently trying to taper the dose without much success.

Well, that's a start isn't it!? 

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mikka, just to say welcome to the community and best wishes ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there and welcome 

I am a below knee amputee nearly 4 years now 

I too can't get on with prosthetic leg my knee can't support me and dislocates and since my amputation have become partially sighted too 

I have no feeling in my good leg below knee so I can't feel or see uneven surface making it very high risk of falls 

Glad to meet another person in same situation but for different reasons 

My nerve pain is under control 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mikka - & welcome to the community. Pleased you've joined us all. All I can personally say is, you can very carefully taper off morphine, but usually with your GP or prescribing consultants help. I tapered off incredibly slowly, but have got there, so hope you are able to do so with your Drs help. My best wishes.

Brightness