Pension Credit Overpayment DWP not responding - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pension Credit Overpayment DWP not responding

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wendy1
    wendy1 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Hi Notcoping, I'm so sorry about your situation, unfortunately I don't have any advice for you. But what I would like you to know is the DWP have also sent me 2 letters of overpayments that they say have been paid into my mothers ( Deceased ) account. Hope you can get some help and answers
  • NotCoping
    NotCoping Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Hello bekindalways and wendy1 and thanks so much for your understanding comments. These fights are debilitating and infuriating, as you know.

In my case it wasn't what I had written on the claim form, but that I had not (according to them) declared a "change of circumstances" year by year, since I get a small private pension that increases by a matter of pence, but I am supposed to tell them every year what the change in the amount is. I had been doing that, but they didn't use the information in their calculations, then came after me for their mistake.

My personal opinion is that the Government is over eager to recoup some of the money lost to them in the 2016 pensions fiasco, and they have brought in a company to find "fraud" no matter what. Even to the extent of harassing people who have done nothing wrong, because they seem to think they can put pressure on vulnerable claimants (whom they often feel are all frauds anyway) and claw back money from them to top up the coffers. But I might be wrong.

I do hope, Wendy2 that you can successfully fight this. In my experience, phoning them is a waste of time, plus the fact that this group chasing "fraud" is not responding to challenges, nor following up on the facts of each case. Nor do they properly agree to a "Mandatory Reconsideration" process - in my experience at least - they just go on ignoring you until you give in. So, if you are able to muster all resources to show you are right, do so by every means.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.